Cost Accountant / Inventory
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/1/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
Manufacturing / Diversified Company
JOB DESCRIPTIONCost Accountant / Inventory
1. Construct data accumulation systems for a cost accounting system.
2. Create and review the controls needed for data accumulation and reporting systems.
1. Coordinate physical inventory counts and cycle counts.
2. Investigate cycle counting variances and resolve issues.
3. Update standard costs in the bill of materials.
4. Review standard and actual costs for inaccuracies.
5. Validate the cost of goods sold as part of the month-end close.
6. Accumulate and apply overhead costs as required by generally accepted accounting principles.
7. Work with the materials review board to locate and dispose of obsolete inventory.
1. Conduct ongoing process constraint analyses.
2. Report on breakeven points by products, work centers, and factories.
3. Report on margins by product and division.
4. Report on periodic variances and their causes, focusing in particular on spending variances.
5. Analyze capital budgeting requests.
6. Perform cost accumulation tasks as a member of the target costing group.
*1-3years of accounting / financeexperience.
*Experience in Manufacturing is a plus.
* BA/BS degree in Accounting. CPA a plus but not required.
* Strong analytical skills, and the ability to collaborate with a multi-department team.
* Helpful to have experience manipulating large databases.