This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/5/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONRemedy Intelligent Staffing is currently recruiting for a full-time, direct-hire Cost Accountant. This position is located in Liverpool, NY, and this position will work full-time days.
Our client is a small, casual, family owned and operated manufacturer that's been in business for more than 70 years. Looking for someone for this position who could potentially transition into a supervisor in the future.
* Construct data accumulation systems for a cost accounting system
* Coordinate physical inventory counts and cycle counts
* Investigate cycle counting variances and resolve issues
* Update standard costs in the bill of materials
* Review standard and actual costs for inaccuracies
* Validate the cost of goods sold as part of the month-end close
* Accumulate and apply overhead costs as required by generally accepted accounting principles
* Work with the materials review board to locate and dispose of obsolete inventory
* Conduct ongoing process constraint analyses
* Report on breakeven points by products, work centers, and factories
* Report on margins by product and division
* Report on periodic variances and their causes, focusing in particular on spending variances
* Analyze capital budgeting requests
* Perform cost accumulation tasks as a member of the target costing group
* A minimum of three years in cost accounting in a manufacturing environment
This position will pay $55-70K.
To apply for this position, please respond with a copy of your resume.