Cost Accountant - MFTG
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/20/2016
END DATE 10/20/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Description:
This position is responsible for accounting activities at the plant location, including maintaining the standard cost files, preparing journal entries and participating in month-end and fiscal year-end closings. This position assists with the preparation and development of the plants financial reports and is responsible for fixed asset accounting to include coordination and assisting with the development of the capital investment business plan.
* Analyze the actual manufacturing costs and prepare a monthly report comparing standard costs to actual costs of production.
* Present to management the actual monthly costs, point out extraordinary expenditures, illustrate long term costs trends by product and respond to questions from management.
* Maintain standard costs for current year and prepare standard costs for future year's budgets.
* Execution of month end and year end processes, aid in closing books for month end and year end and prepare financial statements.
* Monthly analysis including sales, SG & A, and price variance.
* Prepare and distribute monthly reports and analysis for scrap, inventory, PPV/IPV, etc., and maintain cost information files.
* Organize and assist in managing annual physical inventory.
* Provide support/back up for accounts receivable and billing positions.
* Account Reconciliations.
* Participate in the annual business plan preparation.
* Senior Accountant back up and support.
* Special projects as assigned.
This job requires a minimum of a Bachelor's Degree in a related field. 1-3 years of position related experience is preferred, but not required. Strong analytical and problem solving skills are required. This job requires the ability to analyze and refine data, determining a root cause or make recommendations on courses of action. Intermediated to advanced Excel skills are necessary. Individual must be able to work flexible hours. A sense of urgency and responsibility are desired.
* Generous vacation and holidays
* Medical, dental, vision insurance
* Life insurance
* Short-term and long-term disability
* Flexible Spending Account
* Matching 401(k)
* Bonus Plan
* Competitive Salary with Benefits
NSK is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor