Cost Accountant 9/3/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Direct Hire position -
Searching for a Cost Accountant to be a member of both Finance and Manufacturing teams. Not only do they ensure the proper accounting and controls are executed in each of our plants.
As a member of this team, you will know your accounting principles and the full accounting process end to end. You will partner with Operational and Finance teams to analyze processes, financial trends and develop ways to improve our manufacturing performance.
As a Cost Accountant, you will manage the core accounting functions within your manufacturing plant. You will have the opportunity to work with co-workers across the Finance organization to drive Finance initiatives. You will also be on site in the manufacturing facility where our products are produced and enjoy influencing the process and direction of the plant, sharing your ideas and creating opportunities to improve both operational and financial performance.
* Drive accounting processes within the plant to ensure accurate books and records and compliance to key control requirements including Sarbanes Oxley.
* Forecasting, analyzing and reporting the Manufacturing plant performance to leadership teams.
* Identifying, analyzing, leading and implementing process/cost improvements in both the Financial and Operational parts of our business with the appropriate involvement of Finance and Operational partners.
* Demonstrate in-depth knowledge and subject matter expertise for your area of responsibility
* BS/BA in Accounting, Finance or a related field
* One or more years of analytical accounting experience
* Demonstrated experience with ERP systems software
* CPA, Completion of CPA Exam or CMA
* Manufacturing experience including standard costing, material, labor and overhead variance analysis
* General accounting knowledge in both GAAP and Sarbanes Oxley, strong Microsoft Office capability and proficiency in ERP systems (SAP preferred)
* Demonstrated experience in process improvements and cost savings plans
* Strong organizational and communications skills with demonstrated ability to convey ideas to a diverse audience (Finance and Operational Partners)
EOE- Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities- BHI Energy is a federal contractor that requests priority referrals of protected veterans.
Job Type: Full-time
* Reno, NV
* 1-5 years of experience Accounting