Cost Accountant 8/31/2016
Client of Crawford Thomas Recruiting
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Implement real-time plant cost reviews.
* Manage sales and use tax reporting.
* Implement and monitor internal controls for plant production and inventory.
* Develop and review plant repair cost to budget for both operations and major repairs.
* Schedule, coordinate and communicate major plant repairs.
* Solicit pricing for repair work anticipated.
* Ensure work is done on budget, on time, and communicate problems to management.
* Consistently look for process improvements to reduce cost and achieve efficiencies at each plant.
* Monitor plant assets and communicate changes to the equipment accountant.
* Monitor plant inventory and usage.
* Bid to actual cost analysis by plant. Determine reasons why for not meeting estimates.
* Manage vendor and subcontractor payment process
* Manage compliance requirements are met for insurance, safety, etc.
* Bachelors or associates degree in accounting, engineering, or business management.
* Construction experience or manufacturing experience a plus
* Work well with others.
* Organized, detailed, self-motivated, driven, and ability to multitask.
* Proven experience in seeing a project completed from start to finish.
* Experience in Microsoft Access, Microsoft Excel (formulas, queries, pivot tables), and SQL Databases.
* Experience with Viewpoint Construction Software a plus.