This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/25/2016
END DATE 10/15/2016
Stanley Black & Decker
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Description
Stanley Black & Decker (SBD) is one of the world's largest, fastest-growing, and most dynamic companies. We are unique in that we have a rich and storied history dating back to 1843, but that hasn't stopped us from evolving into a vibrant, diverse, global growth company. We have been globally recognized as one of the most innovative, sustainable, and rewarding companies in the world. Stanley Black and Decker s 2015 Revenue was 11.2B and our Global Tools & Storage division is responsible for $7.1B of SBD annual revenue. Global Tools and Storage is currently seeking candidates for Cost Accountant in Towson, MD.
This position is primarily responsible for maintaining accurate Distribution Center (DC) product cost records for the Americas Region in the GTS Division. The position reports in to the GTS Americas Costing Manager, and also follows the lead of the Senior Cost Accountant for the Americas Region. The position is 1 of 3 Cost Accountants that perform DC costing for 13 North America DCs, and may be asked to assist in the costing work for 9 Latin America DCs. The primary responsibility of this role will be new SKU costing, Current Costing in the Quarterly Cost Update, the Annual Cost Roll, and also DC PPV analysis. In addition to these core responsibilities, this person will be asked to lead individual projects in support of the DC Costing Centralization Plan, and to harmonize all new SKU and annual cost roll activities. The successful candidate is expected to be a hands-on, detail-oriented professional that learns quickly and has a tireless focus on business process improvement. This individual will also have a strong work ethic and will have the ability to competently lead projects that affect several functional areas.
* Calculate and update DC SKUs standard costs on a daily basis.
* Maintain and update DC SKUs standard costs during the Annual Cost Roll.
* Compile Quarterly Cost Update files for DC SKUs, review for accuracy, and report out results ensuring completeness and timely submissions.
* Perform DC PPV analysis on a weekly and monthly basis for assigned locations
* Lead projects that are a part of our Americas DC Costing Centralization plan
* Drive harmonization of daily and annual cost roll across SBUs for North America DCs.
* Lead key projects in DC costing and engage in driving our Costing strategy for GTS
* Bachelor s Degree in Accounting or Finance required
* Minimum of 2 - 4 years experience in auditing, accounting, controllership and/or other financial roles with a multi-national company
* SAP Costing (FICO) experience preferred
* Advanced knowledge of MS Office required.
* Experience in a distribution or manufacturing environment preferred.
* Should have a history of progressive career growth / advancements.
* Must have the ability to lead and advance in the finance organization.
* Must demonstrate personal drive and willingness to accept responsibility.
* Strong organizational, analytical and decision making skills.
* Ability to work independently.
* Continuous improvement mindset
* Results oriented.
* Strong project leadership skills.
* Respect for people and ability to work and communicate with all levels in the organization.
Core Success Skills & Competencies:
* Willingness to embrace SBD Leadership Qualities
* Focused on continuous improvement
* Proactive not reactive
* Ability to identify and coordinate the automation of manual processes
* Acts as an involved business partner to Controllership and Operations teams
* Demonstrates effective teamwork
* Clear and concise visual presentation skills
* Ability to analyze large amounts of data and summarize findings clearly
* Excellent communicator
* Excellent interpersonal skills
* Able to interact with all functions and levels of employees
* Highly motivated
* Ability to work in a fast paced, deadline driven environment
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
All qualified applicants to Stanley Black & Decker will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age, disability or any other characteristic protected by law.
EEO Statement All qualified applicants that apply for Stanley Black & Decker will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.