Cost Accounting Intern
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/30/2016
END DATE 4/5/2017
Winston Salem, NC
TE Connectivity has Cost Accounting summer internship available in Winston Salem, NC within the Automotive Business Unit. This role will support North America Cost team in the annual cost roll process:
* Each year, cost are updated in the ERP system to properly reflect and value inventory on the balance sheet. The process begins in June and ends on the final cost roll at the end of September. The Summer Intern role is to support the cost accounting team during the process to run daily and weekly reports and to assist in the analysis of change for the next year costs. This will require working closely with operations finance teams at the plant to understand impacts of labor and overhead changes, allocation changes and the impact of new business. It requires heavy participation with purchasing to understand and document for audit purposes any change in material purchase costs to ensure system info records, UOM and BOM changes are accurate. Lastly, the intern will assist in ad-hoc analysis of routing and cycle time changes that have impacted cost.
* The job reports to the Cost Manager for NA Automotive.
* The successful intern will quickly assume to free up the cost team to begin preparation for the annual cost roll. They will be able to learn SAP quickly and understand where to look and analyze differences in future year costs.
RESPONSIBILITIES & QUALIFICATIONS:
* Responsible for daily and weekly reporting
* Run reports from SAP, analyze data and seek answers to changes or differences.
* Must be willing to dive in to the data and have a roll up their sleeves type of personality.
* Perform other ad-hoc analysis as needed
The ideal candidate will be a detail-oriented sophomore or junior currently working toward a Bachelor's Degree in Finance or Accounting and who meets the following qualifications:
* A minimum GPA of 3.0/4.0
* Excellent quantitative and qualitative analytical skills
* Microsoft Excel skill are critical. Access Database and ERP system understanding are a plus.
* Knowledge of GAAP requirements
* Team player that is able to independently explore and discover issues.