Cost Analyst - Aortic Products
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/17/2016
END DATE 11/1/2016
W.L. Gore & Associates, Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONGore is a technology-driven global company built on entrepreneurial innovation, integrity, and teamwork. Our diverse portfolio includes everything from high-performance fabrics and implantable medical devices to industrial manufacturing components and aerospace electronics. Through our product leadership, we've been changing lives and changing industries for more than 50 years. What can you change by joining Gore? Visit gore.com/change-life to find out.
Gore Medical Products has provided creative therapeutic solutions to complex medical problems for 40 years. During that time, 40 million innovative Gore Medical Devices have been implanted, saving and improving the quality of lives worldwide. Our extensive family of products includes vascular grafts, endovascular and interventional devices, surgical meshes for hernia and soft tissue reconstruction, staple line reinforcement materials, and sutures for use in vascular, cardiac, and general surgery. We are looking for a Cost Analyst to join our finance team at either our Phoenix or Flagstaff, AZ location.
The ideal candidate will:
* Be passionate about providing financial support for a world-class manufacturer
* Be energized by collaborating on cross-functional teams
* Recognize the importance of building and maintaining strong interpersonal relationships
* Performing the role of finance business partner to Manufacturing Leadership with responsibility for the Cost of Goods Sold section of the Income Statement
* Participating in the regular review of actual v business plan results by working with cost center owners to understand their investment plans (e.g. headcount and capital planning), and by working with Business Analysts & Project teams to understand sales demand and validate current & future projections for Cost of Goods Sold for each product
* Supporting the development of cost standards for new products and participate in the global cost update process for the product portfolio
* Working with Project teams and Business Analysts to develop costs estimates for potential New Product Development initiatives
* Working with Operations & Project teams to identify, financially model, and prioritize cost improvement opportunities using standard templates and processes
* Participating in make v buy analysis when requested using standard templates and processes
* Analyzing manufacturing performance via manufacturing variance and scorecard analysis and communicate results to Manufacturing Leadership
* Preparing monthly financial reports and scorecards, including the analysis and communication of Cost of Goods Sold results as part of the monthly P&L financial reporting process
* Working closely with division accounting to ensure alignment and to ensure data integrity of manufacturing systems (e.g. product costs are properly maintained)
* Performing ad-hoc analyses as requested (e.g. capacity planning)
* Preparing & presenting financial information to leadership as needed
* Educating non-financial associates on financial matters and how to interpret
REQUIRED JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
* BS degree required, accounting or business-related discipline
* 3 years manufacturing cost accounting experience or 5 years in an accounting or auditing environment
* Excellent leadership, analytical, and interpersonal skills
* Experience and success in working in a team centered environment
* Working knowledge of accounting concepts (GAAP and/or IFRS)
* Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Excel and PowerPoint.
* Experience with ERP systems, Cognos, TM1 or equivalent
DESIRED JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
* MBA, CPA, or CMA certification
Gore is committed to a drug-free workplace. All employment is contingent upon successful completion of drug and background screening.
Gore requires all applicants to be eligible to work within the US. Gore generally will not sponsor visas unless otherwise noted on the position description.
Gore is a M/F, Disabled and Vet EEO/AA Employer. (Applies to all positions in the U.S.)
KEYWORDS: Gore, job, Phoenix, Flagstaff, Arizona, AZ, finance, financial, analyst, accounting, account, business, implantable, medical, device, manufacturing, process, control, supply chain, SAP, Excel, GAAP, IFRS, change, management, forecast, performance, closing, variance, estimate, ERP, Cognos, TM1