This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/1/2016
END DATE 3/24/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONCost Analyst/Engineer
Make An Impact
Hyster-Yale Group is looking for an energetic and talented Cost Analyst/Engineer to join our Supply Chain team. The right person in this role is integral to our continued success in the forklift industry. We hire cool people and make tough trucks. Join our team!
* Creation of cost prediction models for use by engineering and procurement
* Early involvement with the design engineers to analyze concepts and minimize total landed cost of components and assemblies
* Facilitating collaboration between suppliers and engineers to optimize material utilization and maximize manufacturing efficiency
* Structuring and analysis of spend data to identify trends and variances and their root causes
* Monitoring the effect of global material, labor and freight prices on HYG's commodity expenditure
* Effective communication of performance data and analysis for review by senior leadership
* Bachelor's degree in Engineering or related discipline.
* Entry level experience in engineering operations, project management or supply chain.
* Experience with development and application of regression models and other statistical tools
* Experience with Tableau software preferred
* Knowledge of financial statement analysis/ cost structure analysis and manufacturing processes.
* Experience in a global manufacturing environment preferred.
* Ability to read and interpret drawings.
* Strong analytical skills.
* Critical thinker with proven problem solving skills.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Attention to detail and quality.
* Advanced user of Microsoft Excel.
We are an equal opportunity employer with an excellent benefit package including medical, dental and life insurance, 401(k) and profit sharing.