Cost Documentation Coordinator 9/3/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Plexus is a global company that values your growth and development, and knows that a successful company is built on great leaders at all levels. Plexus is a highly respected leader in the Electronics Manufacturing Services industry and delivers solutions that help our customers realize their go-to-market strategies by combining our expertise with their core competencies. Our company provides award-winning customer service to over 140 branded product companies in four key market sectors; Networking/Communications, Healthcare/Life Sciences, Industrial/Commercial and Defense/Security/Aerospace.
We are looking for a self-motivated and detail oriented individual to become a part of our Costing team as a Cost Documentation Specialist. This individual will be responsible for the analysis and handling of customer documentation, which is a critical first step in establishing quoted pricing for new business wins. As a key driver of Customer Service Excellence, this role supports Customer requests by delivering accurate and timely information to internal stakeholders in support of Plexus' revenue growth.
Our Cost Documentation Specialist will:
* Interpret customer technical documentation and understand Plexus manufacturing capabilities in order to make intelligent make or purchase decisions
* Be able to transform customer strategy and documentation into appropriate structure and inputs for the cost estimation and tools system
* Understand and ensure costing solution follows Plexus guidelines, customer specifications, quote strategy and adheres to regulatory compliance and quality guidelines
* Create clear and concise communication to the Costing Team, Business Development, Customer Management and operations with regards to documentation gaps
* Meet with Costing Project Manager (CPM) to analyze BOM and formulate questions regarding ambiguities or inconsistencies with the customer documentation
* Limited travel may be required to meet the needs of the business (estimated 5
The successful candidate's experience, skills and abilities will include:
* Proficient in Excel, including comfort with pivots, lookup functions, and basic level macros
* Excellent problem solving skills
* Clear and concise verbal and written communication skills
* Prioritize multiple tasks, meets deadlines and communicates shortcomings to management
* Advanced knowledge and understanding of product related Bill of Material (BOM) structure and able to read and interpret
* Ability to influence others, including decision-making, conflict resolution and leadership competencies as defined by the company
* Self-motivated with the ability to work independently and in a team environment, and have the ability to follow through on assignments with little to no supervision
* Basic quantitative analysis ability, attention to detail, time management skills, and organizational skills
* A minimum of an Associate's degree or equivalent experience is required for this position; a Bachelor's degree is preferred
* Experience of 3 year(s) in a technical role is required for this position, assuming education requirements are met.
* Equivalent industry experience of 3 or more years is highly desirable
* Experience interpreting technical documentation is preferred
All offers of employment are contingent upon successfully passing a drug screen and upon completion of a confidentiality agreement.
Our Values and How We Lead behaviors guide our processes. Plexus does not make employment decisions based on race, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and encourage all to apply today!
Globally, our policy is to recruit people from wide and diverse backgrounds. However, certain positions require access to controlled goods and technologies subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or Export Administration Regulations (EAR). Applicants for these positions may need to be U.S. Persons, which is generally defined as a U.S. citizen, permanent resident (green card holder), or individual granted political asylum.
Working At Plexus
Empowering People, Innovating Solutions, Achieving Excellence
Plexus is a global company that values your growth and development and knows that our success is the direct result of our empowered, hard-working and dedicated people. At Plexus you can push the boundaries of innovation and discover your highest potential. Whether you're an experienced professional or skilled manufacturer looking to expand and enhance your career, a recent graduate ready to make an impact or a student eager to gain hands on internship experience, you can make a difference with us.
At Plexus we provide opportunities for growth and development at every level and encourage all employees to be leaders. The foundation of our culture is built around Our Values and How We Lead behaviors exemplified by our Plexus People: Customer Focus, Relationships & Teamwork, Integrity, Open Communication, Excellence, Prioritize Our People, Solve Problems, Be Courageous, Be Strategic, and Innovate.
Our global operations allow us to attract people with broad and diverse backgrounds from all over the world. Discover why more than 12,500 dedicated individuals choose Plexus as the workplace of choice to grow their careers. Apply today!