Cost Estimator, Aviation
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/30/2016
END DATE 11/16/2016
Arcadis U.S. Inc
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Description
Arcadis is hiring a Cost Estimator in Houston TX. Successful candidates will have spent at least 10 years in cost estimating for transportation infrastructure projects, aviation project experience a plus (projects ranging from $100,000 to $200 million in value).
Ideal candidates will have knowledge of the aviation industry, project controls (cost and schedule management) methods for construction, and commissioning & validation.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties
* Ability to independently prepare bottoms-up and top-down cost estimates from plans/drawings and documents from conceptual stage to final design/construction documents
* Analyze subconsultant and contractor cost proposals for reasonableness
* Analyze subconsultant and contractor change proposals for reasonableness
* Independently perform scope, quantity and/or unit cost reconciliations
* Assist the project management staff in the preparation of the project budget
* Assist the project management staff with the management of project scope, budget, and schedule
* Assist with analysis, and report on the project key performance metrics
* Follow appropriate internal control safeguards to ensure consistent reporting of accurate information
* Must understand construction means and methods
Please note; this position is contingent upon contract award.
* BS/BA Degree in Civil Engineering, Construction Management, or related field
* 10 years of experience related to cost estimating
* Specialized skills and proficiency with cost estimating software
* Strong experience in cost estimating related to construction
* Ability to produce quality materials within tight timeframes and simultaneously manage several assignments
* Ability to participate in and facilitate group meetings
* Excellent professional written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
Background/Drug Screen Statementcolor
Arcadis U.S. requires all employees hired in the United States to successfully pass a background check & drug test as a condition of employment. Certain jobs will also require a clean driving record, education verification & certification verification.
Required Driving Statementcolor
This position requires a current valid driver s license and clean driving record.
* Previous experience on aviation projects is a plus
Engineering - Transportation
Arcadis is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. We are dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, disability, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
What country will this position be in*
Apply to job Send to friend Save to cart View similar jobs
ARCADIS is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. We are dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including race, creed, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law.