This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/27/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONCOST ESTIMATOR - 1112
Currently looking for an experienced Cost Estimator experienced in the automotive industry to fill an opening in the Jackson, MI area. Interested candidates should have 6 - 8 years of solid experience in automotive component manufacturing processes and in creating PFMEA, DFMEA, Project Management timing and oversight.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE COST ESTIMATOR
* Analyze blueprints and other documentation to prepare time, cost, materials, capital, and labor estimates.
* Consult with clients, vendors, personnel in other departments to discuss and formulate manufacturing cost estimates for machining, tooling, gaging costs.
* Prepare cost estimates for use in pricing and selecting vendors or subcontractors.
* Prepare cost estimates used by management for purposes such as planning, organizing, and scheduling work.
* Assess cost effectiveness launch team, tracking actual costs relative to bids
* Conduct special studies to develop and establish standard hour and related cost data or to effect cost reduction.
* Process manufacturing cost for Best in Class cost structure.
* Develop project objectives by reviewing project deliverables and customer requirements.
REQUIREMENTS OF THE COST ESTIMATOR
* 4-year technical degree in Engineering and/or 6-8 years of solid experience in automotive component manufacturing processes.
* Experience with PLEX Systems is a huge plus
* Must have experience in creating PFMEA, DFMEA, Project Management timing and oversight
* Must have experience in various Manufacturing Methods and procedures required for high volume manufacturing utilizing CNC Lathes, CNC Vertical and Horizontal Machining centers, Automation systems including pick and place and robotic load systems, automatic part handling.
* Must have experience in Precision Metrology, MSA requirements, and Statistical Process Control Knowledge.
* A strong understanding of GD&T with Application Experience is preferred.
* Must have experience in Process Improvement using Lean toolkit, Certified Greenbelt, Documentation Skills, Safety Management, Supervision, CAD, CAD/CAM.
* Demonstrate a solid grasp of business concepts, realistic judgment, and quantitative and critical thinking skills.
* Ability to work in AutoCAD.
* Must be capable of taking customer drawings and creating detailed cycle time analysis, tool by tool, operation by operation.