Cost Estimator - Level 1
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/17/2016
END DATE 10/12/2016
Cobham Mission Systems Davenport
JOB DESCRIPTIONCOBHAM is seeking a COST ESTIMATOR LEVEL 1 that will work with a dynamic team in a fast-paced environment at our Davenport, Iowa facility. This person will handle a wide variety of estimating responsibilities, incorporating policies, standards, regulations, and procedures for both civilian and government clients. This position is located in Davenport, IA.
* Develop, analyze, evaluate, coordinate, prepare, and oversee multi-million dollar cost proposals to government and commercial customers under direct supervision.
* Assure adherence to Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR), Truth in Negotiations Act (TINA), and Cobham policies and procedures with regard to cost proposal preparation, review, submission and negotiations.
* Review and interpret the Request for Proposal (RFP) for all pricing requirements, and work with the proposal team to set up the approach and schedule required for bidding the proposal.
* Coordinate cost-proposal efforts by interfacing with applicable departmental personnel including Finance, Contracts, Business Development, Supply Chain, Engineering, and Senior Management personnel, as well as customers and auditors.
* Estimate labor and material costs for manufacturing and engineering based on RFPs from internal and external customers.
* Research historical data in detail and develop fully traceable summaries.
* Develop spreadsheet models and create fully compliant and accurate cost-proposals.
* Support changes or modifications with the customer, and participate as a member of the contract negotiation team.
* Incorporate and perform the final certification process as required on all certifiable proposals to the government.
* Analyze and respond to customer fact-findings and external audits.
* Perform all operations according to prescribed safety and environmental principles.
* All other related duties as assigned.
* Completed Bachelors Degree.
* Experience with Microsoft Office software (Excel).
* This position requires access to technology, materials, software or hardware that is controlled by export laws of the US. In order to be eligible you must be either a US Citizen or Permanent Resident.
* Bachelors Degree in Finance, Business Administration, Industrial Engineering, Supply Chain Management, or related field and experience.
* Experience with Proposals & Cost Estimates.
* Experience analysing, developing and applying direct cost and performance data to develop estimates in support of new or follow-on business.
* A strong understanding of manufacturing processes, understand bills of material and product structures, and be able to develop cost estimates based on Engineering specifications.
* Cost modelling and labor estimating experience with manufacturing, supply chain, and engineering as regulated by FAR, DFARS, and TINA.
* Experience using ProPricer estimating software.
* A resourceful self-starter and a team player.
* Effective verbal/written communication and interpersonal skills.
* Must be very detail oriented and possess the ability to organize large amounts of data while working independently in a fast paced environment.
COBHAM\'S values of Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us from our launch in 1934 by Sir Alan Cobham, an aviation innovator, to becoming a global leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. And its the insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective future innovators like you.
COBHAM is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and partners trust COBHAM to deliver the mission-critical technology they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
COBHAM IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER AND EMBRACES DIVERSITY IN OUR EMPLOYEE POPULATION. IT IS THE POLICY OF COBHAM TO PROVIDE EQUAL OPPORTUNITY TO ALL QUALIFIED APPLICANTS AND EMPLOYEES WITHOUT REGARD TO RACE, COLOR, RELIGION, SEX, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, GENDER IDENTITY, NATIONAL ORIGIN, AGE, DISABILITY, PROTECTED VETERAN STATUS, OR GENETIC INFORMATION. COBHAM WILL REFRAIN FROM DISCHARGING, OR OTHERWISE DISCRIMINATING AGAINST, EMPLOYEES OR APPLICANTS WHO INQUIRE ABOUT, DISCUSS, OR DISCLOSE THEIR COMPENSATION OR THE COMPENSATION OF OTHER EMPLOYEES OR APPLICANTS.
SEE ALL OF OUR LATEST OPPORTUNITIES AT WWW.COBHAM.COM/CAREERS OR FOLLOW US ON OUR LINKEDIN PAGE AT WWW.LINKEDIN.COM/COMPANY/COBHAM.
TO BE CONSIDERED YOU MUST APPLY BY GOING TO WWW.COBHAM.COM/CAREERS.
Job Category: Finance
Primary Location: US-Iowa-Davenport
Organization: Cobham Mission Systems Davenport
Recruiter: Natalie Dolan