This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/15/2016
END DATE 11/1/2016
Erie Indemnity Company
JOB DESCRIPTIONMore information about this job:
As a Counsel II with the Insurance Operations Department, you will assist with providing legal counsel and guidance on ordinary and special business activities and operations, and/or insurance claims and litigation, to ensure maximum protection of ERIE s legal rights and maintenance of operations and activities within the limits prescribed by law. You will also provide legal advice and guidance to various operations areas of the company, and direct or interface with outside legal counsel in the defense of ERIE against lawsuits or claims, or the prosecution of ERIE s claims against others.
Please note - For this specific opening, you will be working on insurance operations issues such as underwriting, projects related to systems and lines of business, policy language, processing, billing, insurance department complaints, regulatory matters, etc.
Candidates with below minimum qualifications may be considered for Counsel I (D15).
Candidates with above minimum qualifications may be considered for Counsel III (D18).
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
* Interpersonal skills
* Analytical skills
* Problem-solving skills
* Negotiation skills
* Communication skills
* Research skills
* J.D. or L.L.B. degree from an accredited law school required.
* Ten years of related experience, preferably in corporate and/or insurance law required.
* Knowledge or experience with insurance or financial industry preferred.
* Litigation experience preferred.
* Admitted to practice, and in good standing, in at least one state; if not admitted in Pennsylvania, eligible for admission by reciprocity, limited in-house admission, or examination required.
* This position may require the incumbent to travel on short notice and may include overnight stays.
PHYSICAL QUALIFICATIONS (% of Time):
* Lifting: 0-20 lbs. Occasional (less than 20%); 20-50 lbs. Occasional (less than 20%); Over 50 lbs. Occasional (less than 20%)
* Driving: Occasional (less than 20%)
* Pushing/Pulling: Occasional (less than 20%)
* Manual Keying/Data Entry: Often (20-50%)
It is the policy of ERIE to employ qualified people without regard to age, ancestry, citizenship, color, disability, gender identity, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, or sexual orientation. This basic policy of nondiscrimination applies to all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to, recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, transfer, assignment, corrective action, compensation and discharge. Consistent with this policy, ERIE supports an inclusive workforce. - See more at: https://www.erieinsurance.com/about-us/equal-employment-opportunity#sthash.mq74ZXDB.dpuf
Additional BenefitsWellness Program
Financial Education & Counseling
Long Term Care Insurance
Short/Long Term Disability Income Benefits
Career Development Resources (Internal)
Tuition Aid Program
Some listed benefits are available for PT positions as well.