Counsel - Project Development & Acquisition 9/1/2016
Sempra U.S. Gas & Power, LLC
San Diego, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Area of Interest:
The Counsel will be responsible for providing legal support on a wide variety of transactional matters for Sempra US Gas & Power or one of its business units. This support includes supporting other in-house attorneys in the acquisition, development, construction and financing of major energy infrastructure projects, and the drafting and negotiating of documents with respect to such transactions; focusing on project acquisition, development and financing.
Accountabilities (The following is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. It is not an exhaustive list of all expectations.):
* Primarily responsible for assisting in structuring, negotiating and documenting a variety of complex and ordinary course transactions, including recourse and non-recourse financings, joint ventures, mergers and acquisitions, project development agreements, commercial contracts and other business arrangements.
* Coordinate, implement and monitor legal services to the Business Unit to facilitate and achieve Business Unit objectives, including working closely with internal and external counsel, along with the senior managers of the Business Unit.
* Assist in reporting internally to the Law Department management and/or Business Unit General/Chief Counsel.
Education and Experience:
* Requires a Bachelor's degree and J.D. or L.L.B. from an accredited law school.
* Member in good standing of a US State Bar, with a preference for CA, NY or TX.
* At least 4 years of post-qualification experience, with the demonstrated experience in project development and finance and project acquisitions.
* Project development experience in the energy industry is preferred.
* Experience with a well-established law firm with an international project development and finance practice.
* Able to analyze complex business situations and develop recommendations which meet the company s legal and business needs.
* Ability to prioritize conflicting demands from multiple business clients in a fast paced environment while paying attention to detail.
* Proven communication, and interpersonal skills, ability to work well independently and in a team setting.
* Ability to interface effectively with all levels of a complex organization; ability to build excellent working relationships within multiple working groups.
* Ability to travel.
* Ability to relocate to San Diego.
* Spanish language skills are not required but are desirable.
488 8th Ave
State / Province:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.