Counseling Services Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/9/2016
END DATE 10/9/2016
Chugach Alaska Corporation
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Who we are and what we do...
Make more than money. Make a difference.
Chugach Government Solutions (CGS) and subsidiaries
Our Mission is to set the standard for first-class business services in the global market. We offer an exciting work environment, competitive compensation, and excellent benefits.
CGS is a unique organization, capable of meeting the needs of the government through a long-range program of business planning, training, and sound business practices. CGS is the federal division of Chugach Alaska Corporation (Chugach), one of the twelve original Native Regional Corporations formed under the Alaska Natives Claims Settlement Act of 1971. Chugach is privately owned by Alaska Natives, and stock is not publicly traded.
CGS is a seasoned government contractor providing a wide span of services to our federal customers with over 25 years of experience in the industry. We seek consistency in quality and actively innovate, finding new ways of doing business that adds value to our customers. CGS currently operates on Department of Defense installations sprinkled across the United States and at OCONUS locations spread across the globe. With 12 subsidiaries specializing in facility maintenance, IT/technical services, construction, and education services, CGS offers a unique depth of services equipped to support the most critical missions.
EEO/AA Employer, Shareholder Hire Preference.
Preference shall be given to eligible and qualified Chugach shareholders, spouses and descendants, and shareholders of other Alaska Native Corporations. Chugach makes every effort to identify, hire, train, and promote shareholders. Chugach is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. The company shall not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender or gender identity (except where gender is a bona fide occupational qualification), national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, marital status, genetic information or any other factor protected by law. CGS complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Summary/General Description of Job:
Responsible for the overall management of the counseling and career preparation. Will direct the career counselors in planning, coordinating, developing, and implementing a professional individual and group counseling program for students in conjunction with the industry teams. Will provide counseling services to students on caseload as needed.
Essential Duties & Job Functions:
* Plans, coordinates, and directs the administrative and programmatic activities of the counseling and career preparation departments.
* Monitors, plans, coordinates, develops and implements a professional individual and group counseling program for students and assigned student caseload.
* Directs, evaluates, trains, and disciplines staff properly in accordance with company policies, center directives and government requirements
* Assists in the preparation of the departmental budget, monitor and control expenditures.
* Assists in the development and implementation of new and revised policies and procedures affecting the counseling and career preparation departments.
* Develops and implements an effective counseling services program and ensure that each counselor is assigned caseloads consistent with guidelines. Takes appropriate steps to ensure that administrative procedures are followed, such as adequate record keeping, maintenance of schedules ensuring full coverage of counseling services for the center, auditing records, ensure Personnel Career Development Plans (PCDPs) are implemented and followed, etc.
* Provides direct counseling services for students on assigned caseload.
* Monitors and audits case notes to ensure entries are accurate and up to date and reflect preventive and/or intensive actions for students assigned to each counselor, career preparation instructor, and career employment specialists.
* Evaluates all counseling service components and recommend modifications.
* Coordinates counseling activities with the mental health consultant and wellness staff, serves as a member of the mental health team. Recommends students for medical or psychiatric evaluation for emotional or psychological problems.
* Coordinates a variety of special programs including sexual assault response team, stress and anger management groups, family planning, pregnancy, etc.
* Conducts all staff training and new employee training as required.
* Ensures integrity of student accountability by reviewing the accuracy of and justification for student leaves, and Present for Duty Office Center (PDOF) status, and ensuring Absence without Leave (AWOL) follow-up and submission of required documentation.
* Utilizes new concepts and approaches, recommends and conducts training sessions and conferences to develop greater proficiency among staff in areas of guidance and social adjustment.
* Serves as chairperson of the performance evaluation team, participates in other Center programs such as career preparation, diversity and intergroup relations, and functional evaluations.
* Assists in training and supporting residential advisors in conducting dormitory group counseling sessions.
* Cultivates and maintains a climate on Center that is free of harassment, intimidation, and disrespect in order to provide a safe place for staff and students to work and learn.
* Promotes student attainment of career success standards through modeling appropriate skills, mentoring students, monitoring skill acquisition, and intervening when inappropriate behavior is observed.
* Provides coverage during absence of counselor(s).
* Promotes feedback to members of the Job Corps team.
* Perform all other duties as requested.
* Career Counselors
* Career Preparation Instructors
* Bachelors degree in counseling or related field, including 15 semester hours of instruction in Social Services related instruction.
* Two (2) years related experience.
* One (1) year experience in a supervisory capacity.
* Valid drivers license, with an acceptable driving record
* Successfully pass background check and drug test.
* Masters degree in counseling or related field, including 15 semester hours of instruction in social services related instruction.
* Experience in managing a counseling team in an environment focused on needs of youth or employability of disadvantaged individuals.