Counselor I/II - Southwestern Illinois Correctional Center
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2016
END DATE 10/16/2016
Community Education Centers, Inc
East Saint Louis, IL
JOB DESCRIPTIONCEC is a leading national provider of rehabilitative services for offenders in reentry and in-prison treatment facilities, as well as providing comprehensive management of county, state, and federal jail and detention facilities. The company provides evidence-based programming for residential and non-residential clients and maintains a documented record of reducing recidivism. CEC services also include SECON, a division that conducts comprehensive drug testing and screening services worldwide.
CEC is seeking a professional in the role of Counselor I/II at Southwestern Illinois Correctional Center In-Prison Treatment Program, located in East Saint Louis, IL. CEC provides substance abuse treatment services at Southwestern Illinois Correctional Center to 716 adult males in a modified therapeutic community setting.
As Counselor I/II, you will focus on developing and implementing comprehensive treatment plans for a caseload of residents. Accordingly, you will assess and identify issues for each resident and create clear objectives and goals. You will also track and document resident progress in case reports while working to meet all required internal and external standards and policies.
* Implementation of the CEC therapeutic community treatment model under the direction of the Program Director.
* Preparation and submission of all treatment and educational outlines, lectures, handouts and other relevant materials as requested by the Program Director for review and approval.
* Record keeping and daily clinical charting as required by CEC program model and DASA licensing requirements, and or as requested by IDOC.
* Administration and Knowledge of educational, substance abuse, and life skills assessment, and integration of results into resident client treatment plan.
* Participation in all training and supervision activities as provided for CEC staff and as required by IDOC.
* Preparation of any schedules, reports, or other information required for the program and requested by the Program Director, Multi-disciplinary Team and IDOC personnel.
* As part of the re-entry process, assess client aftercare needs/issues and services.
* Provide counseling to clients' family or significant others as requested by the Program Director or IDOC staff.
* Coordinate individual clinical care of assigned client caseload.
* Participate in treatment planning/conferences.
* Observes/supervises client interactions.
* Provides individual and group therapy/counseling. Meets with assigned clients as necessary.
* Maintains and updates resident client records; documents program in charts.
* Perform ASI Assessments or any other required assessment instruments/pre & post testing, etc..
* Assists IDOC Staff in monitoring behavior of difficult clients.
* If not certified, obtain a CADC or reciprocal credential within 2 years of employment.
The Counselor I or II preferably will have a BA degree in psychology, counseling, social work or human services.
Relevant experience, Certification and/or training in the field may be substituted for formal education.
If not certified, obtain a CADC or reciprocal credential within 2 years of employment.
Community Education Centers offers unlimited potential for career growth, a comprehensive benefits program including medical, dental, and 401(k).
To apply, please visit our website at: www.cecintl.com.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities.
img height=1 width=1 border=0 src=http://cec.contacthr.com/50729142.jpg /