This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/19/2016
END DATE 11/15/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONTracking Code
This job description should not be viewed as an all-inclusive list of the responsibilities related to your position. Your position will necessitate performing duties and tasks that are not outlined herein. La Brea Bakery makes no guarantees as to the nature and scope of the work performed by this position. La Brea Bakery retains the right to change an employee s position or job description at any time.
Is focused on providing WOW service to all customers of the Disney Cafe Express by performing the following duties:
* Is primarily focused on making our customers the #1 PRIORITY
* Follows all food safety guidelines and standards
* Assembles all food (sandwiches, panini, salads, etc.) according to recipe guidelines and standards
* Promptly greets all customers with a smile and proper eye contact upon reaching the counter or upon first contact
* Works with a strong sense of urgency ; Clearly takes all customer orders and communicates with all other front line staff
* Is a complete team player; works well with others
* May be assigned cash register responsibilities to include register verification at the beginning and end of shift, accepting customer payment, cash drops, maintaining adequate change in assigned register, requesting correct change from MOD, maintaining Single Drawer Accountability, securing and not sharing employee number, and communicating voids and deletes with Management (Please read and sign employee cash handling policy)
* Repeats all orders to customers to insure accuracy and special requests
* Suggestively sells to customers by offering additional options; never asks Anything else* ; speaks positively about our food
* Follows all equipment safety guidelines
* Accurately assembles all food orders promptly
* Notifies other team members of shortages or special orders
* Serves cold drinks, frozen milk drinks, or desserts
* Makes and serves hot beverages, including espresso and specialty beverages
* Presses lids onto beverages and places beverages on serving tray or in takeout container
* Is in complete uniform, appropriately groomed, and always role models the La Brea Bakery Brand image
* Maintains and re-stocks working area; does not leave assigned area at any time without properly notifying management and other employees
* Sweeps and mops floors; cleans windows
* Meal Periods and Breaks- Is responsible for being compliant with all Meal Periods and breaks
Skills, Experience & Qualifications
Competency:To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following
Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments. Works with a sense of urgency.
Verbal Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions. Ability to speak Spanish a plus
Team Work - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit. Takes initiative to best serve both customers and teammates.
Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Able to read and interpret written information.
Leadership - Inspires respect and trust; Accepts feedback from others; Displays passion and optimism.
Quality Management - Looks for ways to improve and promote quality. Always ensure highest quality food is being served to customers
Cost Consciousness Records and reports all waste and mistakes to management
Diversity - Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences.
Ethics - Treats people with respect; Works with integrity and ethically.
Adaptability Is flexible and adapts quickly to new processes and procedures.
Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time.
Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction;
Motivation - Measures self against standard of excellence.
Planning/Organizing - Uses time efficiently.
Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position.
Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Reports potentially unsafe conditions.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education/Experience: High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Language Ability: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers .Bi-Lingual Spanish is a plus.
Math Ability: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers and decimals.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems timely and professionally.
Certificates and Licenses:
* Must have current and valid ServSafe Food Handler Certification
* Must have current and valid ServSafe Alcohol Certification
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to outdoor weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; climb or balance and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and taste or smell.
The employee must frequently lift and/or occasionally lift and/or move up to 25-30 pounds.
Typical Work Schedule: 20 to 24 hours per week
Anaheim, California, United States
We are an equal opportunity employer.
Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to sex, race, age, disability, religion, national origin, color or any other protected class.