This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/30/2016
END DATE 10/25/2016
Gypsum Management and Supply, Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONThe ideal candidate should be experienced in construction industry with product knowledge of building materials including drywall, Insulation, metal studs for drywall, ceiling systems, stucco, construction tools, construction safety items, drywall compound, and accessories for the drywall industry. However, this is an entry level sales position and we will train on all necessary products.
Duties & Responsibilities:
* Taking orders at the sales counter and over the phone
* Building relationships with customers
* Ability to use company computer system to enter orders
* Complete sales orders and tender cash sales
* Develop product knowledge to assist customers with purchases
* Cold-call prospects that are generated by external sources of lead
* Overcome objections of prospective customers
* Emphasize product/service features and benefits, quote prices, discuss credit terms, and prepare sales order forms and/or reports
* Assist with vendor purchasing
* Assist with enter vendor purchase orders
* Help maintain good vendor relationships
* Assist with month/quarterly inventory counting and reconciliation
* Assist with month-end closing procedures
* Purchase tools and manage showroom
* Process each day's invoicing
* Run OROB report daily
* Manage the branch's cash box daily
* High school diploma or GED required, 4 year degree preferred
* Ability to self-manage, show initiative and be comfortable meeting the public
* Must be a team player, demonstrate attention to detail and have good organizational skills
* BILINGUAL IN SPANISH STRONGLY PREFERRED
* Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability & Life Insurance
* Paid holidays & vacation days