This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/7/2016
END DATE 10/12/2016
Trustees of Dartmouth College
JOB DESCRIPTIONADVERTISEMENT TEXT
Under close supervision, sets up and arranges serving lines and dining room in College dining facilities. Serves food from counters and steamtables to cafeteria patrons Stores leftover food items and cleans up kitchen utensils and equipment and the work and dining room areas at the completion of the shift. Assists with daily catering orders.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
* Ability to follow written and verbal instructions. Basic understanding of cleanliness procedures and general sanitation regulations.
* Ability to learn proper food protection and handling procedures.
* Ability to learn methods and procedures used in food service operations.
* Good interpersonal and communication skills and ability to apply customer relations procedures and policies.
* Must be able to stand for long periods of time and lift and carry objects weighing up to 50 pounds. May work varied shifts and required overtime.
* Commitment to diversity and to serving the needs of a diverse community.
* Six months of relevant experience in food service operations; or the equivalent.
* Food service experience in an institutional establishment preferred.
* High School graduate; or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
Regular Full Time
DEPARTMENT CONTACT FOR COVER LETTER
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Dartmouth College is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with a strong commitment to diversity. In that spirit, we are particularly interested in receiving applications from a broad spectrum of people, including women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, veterans or any other legally protected group.
SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLICANTS
Schedule: 1:00pm-9:30pm, Thursday-Monday; Tuesday/Wednesday off
UNION POSITIONS ARE AVAILABLE TO SEIU UNION MEMBERS ONLY DURING THE FIRST WEEK OF POSTING. AFTER ONE WEEK OF POSTING, IF THE POSITION HAS NOT BEEN FILLED INTERNALLY, IT IS OPEN TO THE GENERAL PUBLIC AND OTHER MEMBERS OF THE DARTMOUTH COMMUNITY.
OPEN TO UNION MEMBERS ONLY FROM (August 8, 2016) THROUGH (August 14, 2016).
Employment in this position is contingent upon consent to and successful completion of a pre-employment background check, which may include a criminal background check, reference checks, verification of work history, and verification of any required academic credentials, licenses, and/or certifications, with results acceptable to Dartmouth College. A criminal conviction will not automatically disqualify an applicant from employment. Background check information will be used in a confidential, non-discriminatory manner consistent with state and federal law.
* Carries trays and containers of food and supplies from kitchen to serving/dining area.
* Stocks and arranges food, dishes, silverware, and other supplies at steamtables, ice counters, salad bars and serving stations.
* Serves food from counters and steamtables to cafeteria patrons, e.g. serves salads, vegetables, meat, and breads; ladles soups and sauces; portions desserts; and fills beverage cups and glasses as indicated by customer.
* Prepares hot and cold beverages.
* Replenishes foods and condiments at serving stations.
* Cleans tables and seats and general dining area in accordance with sanitary procedures.
* Scrubs and polishes counter, steamtables and other equipment. Removes food after meals and cleans equipment, counters and work areas.
* Learns and follows safety precautions and proper food protection and handling procedures.
* Operates cash register to itemize and total customer s purchases.
* Reviews price sheets to note price changes and sale items.
* Scans item to record price and totals purchases on cash register.
* Collects cash, check, or student multiple charge system payment from customer and makes change for cash transactions.
* Maintains an awareness to potential shoplifting and practices prevention techniques.
* Counts money in cash drawer and starts up and closes out the register at beginning and end of work shift.
* Identifies items not accepted by the scanner.
* As needed, assists with daily catering orders. Reads menus/orders to determine amount and kind of foods and supplies to be packaged. Makes and wraps sandwiches and desserts.
* Loads delivery cartons with food, condiments, silverware, dishes and beverages.
* Delivers orders to designated area or customer location. Sets up and arranges tables and decorations; serves foods and beverages to guests.
* Packs dishes and utensils for removal to catering establishment.
Performs other duties as assigned