Cox Media Sales Associate 9/17/2016
Cox Corporate Services, Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY DESCRIPTION
Entry level position designed to become a Media Consultant. With training and coaching support, Sales Associate is responsible for cultivating local, direct business, including selling local commercial advertising on 50+ cable and/or broadcast networks and digital media to new and existing clients. Identifies, qualifies and calls on prospective clients, is accountable for meeting sales goals, servicing accounts after the sale is made, and for maintaining an up-to-date client database. Identifies the client s marketing needs, presents proposed solutions, and negotiates terms, conditions, and pricing. Builds and maintains ongoing relationships with clients. Follows up and coordinates order processing through all phases of the commercial insertion process.
* Sells local advertising and products on cable and/or broadcast networks to new and existing clients from a range of industries and business sizes. Leverages the position of Cox to influence clients marketing strategies.
* Cultivates consulting relationships with clients and their ad agencies, forming customer relationships at multiple levels. Makes frequent contact; maintains in-depth knowledge of their business, industry and key competitors; regularly updates needs analysis; monitors ad campaign effectiveness and makes changes as required; and solves problems. May entertain clients.
* Identifies new prospective clients by observing other media, networking inside and outside of Cox, and looking for new businesses that might want to advertise in order to develop own client list. Pre-qualifies leads. Prospecting (tasks 3 5) may take up 80% of time. (Prospecting and Lead Prequalification)
* Calls on pre-qualified, prospective clients and tries to interest them in on-air advertising by explaining the process and benefits of advertising through Cox.
* Meets with prospective or existing clients in person to learn the client s advertising needs.
* Prepares sales proposals and campaign solutions designed to meet individual client needs by reviewing rating data and other research; and consulting with internal resources as needed, primarily Marketing, Research, and Sales Support and Sales Leadership. [Solution Presentation development]
* Delivers solution presentations regarding proposed advertising campaigns, including multi product offerings (TV commercials and digital media solutions) to prospective and existing clients. (Solution Presentation Delivery)
* Negotiates the terms, conditions, and pricing of advertising campaigns with the client.
* Manages and coordinates communication between the client and the production department during the creation of the client s commercial (e.g. solves problems, develops concepts, monitors quality, sometimes writes scripts, ensures that ad copy supports the client s marketing plans, gathers information regarding what details are needed in the commercial, facilitates contact between client and production, sets up and attends initial meetings).
* Creates and maintains weekly and monthly sales activity reports using CRM tool..
* Keeps client information up to date in CRM tool by recording all activities, transactions, and communications with clients. [Client records]
* Creates opportunities to serve as a public representative and image builder of Cox in the local community in order to network and develop and maintain the presence of Cox in the community (e.g. promotes and/or attends non-profit events, serves as a member ofthe Chamber of Commerce and other local councils, becomes a member of the Ad Federation or American Marketing Association).
* Manages and coordinates fulfillment of client advertising orders (e.g., solves problems, develops concepts, monitors quality, ensures that ad copy supports the client s marketing plans, facilitates communication between client and production).
* Attends job-related training as well as strategic and/or development meetings with their Local Sales Manager.
* Participates in many internal meetings to create product packages, communicates and coordinates sales, reports on sales activities and the implementation of new products, solves problems, and keeps up-to-date with information about Cox.
* Complies with all published rate, package and pricing guidelines.
* Maintains collections to keep bad debt to an absolute minimum.
* Participates in the creation of processes required to sell, implement, and bill for new products
* Reports to Local Sales Manager
* Excellent interpersonal, leadership, presentation, collaborative and communication skills to work effectively with teams throughout organization
* Requires strong knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, using the Internet
* 1+ year of experience in related field (i.e. Marketing, Sales, Sales Support, etc.)
* BS/BA degree in related discipline strongly preferred (Marketing, Business, Communications).
* Customer Relationship Management (CRM) tool
* Experience in Marketing, Advertising or Communications industry desired.
* Building Strategic Working Relationships
* Continuous Learning
* Job Fit
* Managing Work (includes Time Management)
* Planning and Organizing
* Sales Ability / Persuasiveness
* LIVES COX VALUES - Shows an approach towards people and work that is consistent with the overall values of the company. Works to professional standards that apply best practices approaches are consistent with Cox's values and ethics.
Your Career at Cox
From the valued customers we connect through our innovative communications services, to the employees we unite through exciting career opportunities, Cox is all about bringing people together and enhancing their lives.
Cox is known for its pioneering efforts in cable, telephone and commercial services, industry-leading customer care, and its outstanding workplaces. We are always looking for talented professionals to join our team! Cox offers competitive salaries, an excellent benefits package (healthcare, pension, and 401k) and a best-in-class working environment.
Cox is an equal employment opportunity employer, disabled/protected/veteran and a wholly owned subsidiary of Cox Enterprises. Learn more at: http://www.cox.com/.
Statement to ALL Third Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox Communications accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox Communications employees, or send to any Cox Communications facility. Cox Communications is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
ORGANIZATION: Cox Communications, Inc.
PRIMARY LOCATION: US-GA-Macon-6601 Hawkinsville Rd
EMPLOYEE STATUS: Regular
JOB LEVEL: Individual Contributor
SHIFT: Day Job
TRAVEL: Yes, 25 % of the Time
UNPOSTING DATE: Ongoing