Crane Operator 9/2/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY About us: Since 1962, Southern Industrial and Southern Crane has helped install and maintain the manufacturing and industrial base that has fueled growth across the Southeast.
We have grown from a Carolinas-based crane and rigging company into the leading provider of operated crane services, rigging services, turn-key industrial construction and plant maintenance services in the Southeast.
As part of EMCOR Group, Southern Industrial and Southern Crane s ability to serve our customers is enhanced by EMCOR's financial strength and national presence.
Southern Crane is seeking an experienced full time Crane Operator for its Columbia, SC location.
Job Title: Crane Operator
Job Summary: The primary function of this position is to independently perform lifts and picks utilizing the following types of cranes but not limited to. Link-belt, Grove, Liebherr, All terrain and Hydraulic truck cranes.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
* Review the work schedule, check the equipment and supplies required to perform the work scheduled, comply with PPE requirements, and otherwise prepare for duties.
* Perform all necessary safety checks on the equipment per procedures & policy.
* Perform inspections and preventative maintenance checks.
* Operate cranes in a safe manner.
* Class B CDL a MUST
* NCCCO Certification TLL and TSS
* Preferred Class A CDL a Plus
* Min 8 years of verifiable experience operating cranes
* Clean driving record
* Must be able to pass background check and drug screen
* Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
* Must be able to fill out and keep log book up to date.
Preferred Candidate: Local to Columbia, SC area
This position includes a pay range between $25.00 - $27.00 per hour ( DOE)
Company vehicle will be provided.
We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. EOE M/F/Vet/Disabled