Creative Director, Running/Training and Golf Footwear and Apparel
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/9/2016
END DATE 10/26/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Overview:
We want to be the fastest sports brand in the world. Thinking fast. Acting fast. But nevertheless sustainable. This mission statement is mirrored not only by our new brand promise, Forever Faster, but also by our guiding principle for the entire company. To achieve our objectives, we require individuals that do not merely break the rules, but change the game.
Sounds like you* Then contact us and become a Gamechanger.
The Creative Director will be a strategic, innovative and creative thinker with the ability to actively push our PUMA Running/Training and Golf footwear and apparel products to the next level. As a member of the brand Creative Direction Team, the Creative Director is responsible for the formulation of the seasonal brand creative direction and the implementation and execution of the direction to the Run/Train and Golf business units. Develop creative product strategies that support the BU business targets and assure brand equity objectives.
* Collaborate with senior cross category design leadership and act as strategic partner in developing and instituting creative inspiration and direction for each season.
* Further and maintain the PUMA design aesthetic across all products.
* Provide vision for what is new, innovative and differentiated for PUMA Run/Train and Golf footwear and apparel. Analyze competitive landscape to develop a distinct POV for the categories.
* Drive seasonal material / product innovation initiatives from inception through go-to market.
* Outstanding ability to communicate seasonal stories and specific product initiatives. Excellent story-teller.
* Contribute to adequate protection of PUMA s intellectual property and brand marks.
* Interact cross functionally with BU management, Merchandising, Footwear, Development/Sourcing, Tech Design and Marketing. Strong relationship builder and influencer able to manage key partnerships in multiple locations.
* Travel domestically and internationally to drive seasonal process in addition to collection inspiration, trend and market research.
* Challenge the global brand positioning guidelines to ensure consideration of new product and program ideas and appropriate modification when necessary.
* Collect market intelligence, providing all involved with accurate and up to date information on design trends and developments and utilize them effectively.
* Launch innovative design ideas in line with specific product strategies.
* Identify opportunities for improvements in the design process to deliver enhanced efficiencies
* Contribute to adequate protection of PUMA s intellectual property.
* Together with peers, ensure the sharing of designs, technology and design information across divisions.
* Contribute to the annual performance evaluation process by providing feedback and creating performance goals.
* Manage function resources and related budgets accordingly.
* Represent the brand and utilize the PUMA 4Keys (Fair, Honest, Positive, Creative) in all decisions, actions, processes and practices
* University or Art School Degree in Apparel and/or Footwear Design, Graphic Design and or other Apparel/Fashion related discipline.
* Minimum 12 years of relevant design and product creation experience within sporting goods or apparel/footwear industry (casual/lifestyle/fashion).
* 5-8 plus years experience in a design leadership role and/or key design influencer.
* Experience working for a global brand and/or women s active sport brand experience strongly preferred.
* Design leadership with demonstrated expertise in both Footwear and Apparel design processes and development required.
* Superb presentation and story-telling skills.
* Experience working with technical products, fabrics, trims, product development and quality requirements.
* Knowledge of the Sports and/or Sportlifestyle market (Competition, Distribution, Price, Product, Consumer, Retail environment).
* Excellent trend and color analysis and planning.
* Proficiency in Adobe Creative suite, Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Excel and Word), Internet and Lotus Notes.
* Must be able to communicate effectively with clear, concise written communication to a global audience.
* Fluency in writing & speaking English required.
* Domestic and International travel required: up 25%.
PUMA is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of PUMA to prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type and to afford equal employment opportunities to all persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, gender, physical or mental disability, veteran-status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
For additional information please email: Recruiter-Boston@puma.com.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability.