Creative Resources Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/7/2016
END DATE 11/3/2016
New York, NY
JOB DESCRIPTIONAt Weber Shandwick, our mission is to be "engaging, always." We're always looking for people to be part of a team that delivers on that promise and we know that creativity is the lynch pin to our success.
Our creative department stretches beyond traditional lines to integrate social, digital, advertising, content, PR, and a growing focus on bringing creative resources to corporate reputation, employee engagement, health care and public affairs.
And while Weber Shandwick employs lots of smart people and plenty of out-of-the-box thinkers, what truly defines us is our collaborative culture and top level investment and support for creativity.
You would work in the Head Quarters office of Weber Shandwick, a global company with offices in more than 80 countries, offering all the advantages of a big firm from leading-edge strategy, relationships with platforms and emerging technology and the resources to invest in growth. But, at our heart, we still have the spirit of the small company we used to be flat, entrepreneurial, ambitious, warm, and striving to make a mark.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
Weber Shandwick is seeking a Creative Resources Manager to get the most out of the talent of a diverse team of designers, art directors, writers, strategists and producers. You will act as a liaison for account and project management teams to ensure the right people are staffed appropriately for upcoming projects, and to help ensure the teams are fully utilized, constantly challenged, growing career wise and inspired to deliver the best results by creating an environment that gives them assignments that play to their strengths- and are set up to succeed. The Creative Resources Manager must be diplomatic, have a strong understanding of workflow management, be solutions driven, and organized to assure that high quality work is delivered on time and within scope. This is an excellent opportunity for someone who is a creative problem solver with the attitude that there is always a solution.
* Manage and oversee all creative workflow (concepts, writing and design)
* Partner with Production management to enhance and formalize standard operating procedures for the creative department
* Optimize creative processes, resource and revenue tracking systems
* Maintain a strong process for prioritization and allocation of creative capabilities
* Establish relationships across the Weber Shandwick network to define print, digital and video production processes (when handled out-of-office)
* Create a go-to list of in-network and freelance creative resources
* Establish relationships with local creative and production vendors, and setup regular capability presentations at the Weber Shandwick office
* Ensure creative development schedules and quality standards are being met
* Attend project meetings to determine creative needs, if necessary'
* Partner with Creative Directors, Producers, Account and Project Managers to provide strategy, timing and estimates for creative deliverables
* Proactively communicate direction from Account Managers, Creative Directors and Clients to the creative staff while motivating, challenging and mentoring
* Look for creative solutions to approach strict project timelines and deliverables. No is not an option.
* 4-6 years in a similar role at a creative agency or in-house creative department (advertising, digital, social media, publishing/content or public relations)
* Strong Written and Presentation Skills - the ability to create detailed process documentation and to convey your thoughts and ideas to various teams (account, creative, clients)
* Excellence in interpersonal and problem-solving skills
* Must be self-motivated, hard working, well organized, and resilient to ever-changing timelines, requests, and deliverables
* Ongoing drive to understand emerging techniques, trends and philosophies in creative team building and process improvement
* Understanding of various workflow management tools and software to optimize creative workflow and tracking
Weber Shandwick is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Weber Shandwick recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.