Credentialing Specialist 9/11/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Position Summary
If you're looking for a career in a company that's evolving, has a great culture and amazing opportunities within the Healthcare Industry, AMN Healthcare is the clear choice. As America's largest and most respected health care staffing and management services company, we are the recognized leader in nursing, physician, and allied professionals. As part of the AMN team you'll work with motivated team members who have pride in - and passion for - what they do. Guided by our core values, we remain steadfast to our commitment to career growth and development for all levels of team members so they may navigate their own future and grow with the company. AMN will help you reach your professional and personal goals everyday while making a meaningful contribution. Experience for yourself The AMN Difference!
THE CREDENTIALING SPECIALIST FOR MEDEFIS WILL MAINTAIN RELATIONSHIPS WITH HEALTHCARE CLIENTS AND STAFFING VENDORS NATIONWIDE. YOU WILL OBTAIN AND MANAGE CANDIDATE CREDENTIAL INFORMATION FROM OUR AFFILIATE VENDORS. THIS POSITION REQUIRES THE HIGHEST LEVELS OF ORGANIZATION, WORK ETHIC, PROFESSIONALISM AND RELATIONSHIP BUILDING SKILLS. A VIABLE CANDIDATE FOR THIS POSITION WILL HAVE HEALTHCARE STAFFING INDUSTRY EXPERIENCE AND DEMONSTRATE A PROVEN TRACK RECORD MULTI-TASKING IN A FAST- PACED ENVIRONMENT.
* The Credential Specialist is responsible for communicating with and assisting facilities and staffing vendors in achieving and managing full candidate compliance per Joint Commission standards and / or client specific requirements.
* Secure full compliance for all employee starts with follow up on all compliance requirements to ensure employee credentials are up to date at all times.
* Ensures all expiring documents are communicated to our agency staff and ensure that updated documents are obtained.
* Prepares Facility/Unit and/or State requirements for each assignment according to contract guidelines.
* Build strong, trusting and professional relationships with Healthcare Administrators and Vendors nationwide.
EDUCATION, CERTIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
* 2-3 years customer service experience, office setting preferred.
* Effective communication skills and professional demeanor when representing the Company to clients, candidates or other vendors.
* Well organized and detail orientated. Accuracy in assessment and documentation of credentials is crutial.
* Beginning knowledge of Human Resources issues related to confidentiality, EEOC, ADA and other related personnel issues preferred.
* Strong trouble shooting skills and abilities.
* Possess excellent interpersonal communication skills with the ability to build successful customer relationships.
* Minimum of one year of successful experience in the healthcare staffing industry
Respect * Passion * Continuous Improvement * Trust * Customer Focus * Innovation
AMN HEALTHCARE IS AN EEO/AA/DISABILITY/PROTECTED VETERAN EMPLOYER
WE ENCOURAGE MINORITY AND FEMALE APPLICANTS TO APPLY
We value professionalism in everything we do this includes the professional presence we project as we interact with internal and external customers.