Credit Analyst II
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/16/2016
END DATE 11/24/2016
Western Alliance Bancorporation
Los Angeles, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THIS JOB:
The position of Sr. Credit Analyst Officer II is responsible for spreading, managing and maintaining financial background information on present and prospective customers, and develops credit studies for the Loan Officers, Chief Credit Officer and other Executive Management. May exercise overall supervision of the junior credit analysts, which includes assigning and managing spread assignments, making financial analyses, and maintaining related records and files. The incumbent is also responsible for the preparation of a variety of credit department reports as assigned by the Chief Credit Officer.
* Performs special financial statement analyses, typically involving complex and interlocking relationships.
* Rendering assistance to lending officers on credit matters and loans involving unusual situations or requiring close scrutiny.
* Obtain data to perform portfolio concentration analysis.
* Assist in the preparation on the monthly allowance for loan and lease loss (ALLL).
* Assist in the preparation of any reports required from Credit Administration.
* May train selected personnel in credit operations and financial statement analysis and oversee the training of the credit analyst area.
* May exercise the usual authority concerning staffing, performance appraisals, promotions, salary recommendations, and termination.
* Assist the Special Assets Department in compiling.
* Performs industry analysis and provides recommendations.
* Inform CCO/Loan Officers of relevant trends of specific loans, portfolios or industries.
* Providing credit information and references for customers, loan officers, or other agencies as requested.
These specifications are general guidelines based on the minimum experience normally considered essential to the satisfactory performance of this position. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required to perform the position in a satisfactory manner. Individual abilities may result in some deviation from these guidelines.
* Bachelor s degree (BA) from a four (4) year college or university, and a Minimum of six (6) years or more related experience and/or training; or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Related experience should consist of an in-depth background in financial statement analysis.
* Educational experience, through in-house training sessions, formal school or financial industry related curriculum, should be applicable to the financial industry.
* Ability to spread large, complex financial statements and tax returns and complete cash flow forecasting.
* Ability to make pertinent comments relating to the current credit risk as reflected by the spread.
* Ability to train new hires, both analysts and loan trainees, in how to spread financial statement.
* Effective oral, written and interpersonal communication skills
* Excellent organizational and time management skills.
* Ability to work with minimal or no supervision while performing duties.
Western Alliance Bancorporation is committed to equal employment and will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, sex, color, religion, age, nation origin, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or genetic information. Western Alliance Bancorporation is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process and/or need an alternative method of applying, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (702) 252-6257