Credit Product Underwriter IV - Healthcare (location open to within BOK footprint)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2016
END DATE 10/15/2016
BOK Financial Corporation
JOB DESCRIPTIONReq ID: 16322
Areas of Interest: Commercial Banking, Health Care; Underwriting
BOK Financial (BOKF), Headquartered in Tulsa, Oklahoma, BOK Financial Corporation (NASDAQ: BOKF) is a top 25 U.S.-based financial services holding company with operations in ten states Oklahoma, Texas, Arkansas, Arizona, Colorado, Kansas/Missouri, New Mexico, Nebraska and Wisconsin. The company began more than 100 years ago in Tulsa and has successfully diversified into a variety of industries, businesses and geographies. .
This Postion can be located in any of the BOK Financial Footprint states.
The Credit Products Underwriter IV - Healthcare is responsible for underwriting complex transactions. Responsible for providing product and industry expertise. Has client-facing responsibilities, providing consulltation to deliver the best possible solution. Time will be balanced between analysis of clients, design and execution of deals, and joint client calls with RMs.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepare complex financial underwriting. Transaction size ranges from $10 Million to $50 Million. Analysis and recommendations are made regarding structure and pricing. Assume responsibility for recognizing/documenting policy exceptions; interact with clients/prospects to gather information for credit analysis.
- Interact with loan committees to provide information and support conclusions reached; serve as SME regarding credit/industry analysis. Write commitment reports. Participate in committee presentations; presents loan renewals. May provide assistance on Syndicated or Club transactions.
- Participate in joint calling on credit customers/prospects; assist in the development of new credit business through calling with RMs on existing or prospective clients to gather information for credit analysis. Partner with RM to craft and deliver core and complex business deals.
- Manage analysts and interns, take lead in recruiting, hiring and training of assigned staff. Manage/delegate workflow.
- Ensure RMs are notified of non-compliance issues; prepare reports which outline any non-compliance. Oversee watch list process, assist bankers with problem account recognition and resolution strategies. Present credits in black book.
- Review legal documents, prepare amendments. Negotiate documents with Borrower and/or Borrower's counsel. Work with Capital Markets on swaps and early prepayments.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES:
- Extensive accounting & cash flow knowledge, with demonstrated knowledge of intermediate accounting theory (including the difference between GAAP and income-tax based statements, cash and accrual accounting, consolidation and elimination principals, and the effect each type of accounting has on the underwriting process)
- Succinctly identify the drivers and/or potential threats to cash flow and structuring in order to mitigate that risk, if possible
- Comprehensive working knowledge of rules, regulations and documentation
- Clearly communicate and convey information and ideas through a variety of channels
- Leverage a network of relationships with clients, Relationship Managers, and peers for support in achieving both the individual and organizational goals
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of credit principles, lending functions, loan analysis, and application of general credit policies
- Excellent organizational skills and meticulous work habits
- Strong critical review skills focused on errors and incorrect conclusions.
- Ability to complete assignments quickly and efficiently with minimal direction
- Proactive communication skills (internally with colleagues and senior personnel and externally)
- Excellent conflict management skills
- Possess the courage and confidence to have difficult conversations or voice differing opinions (both internally and externally)
- Ability to work efficiently under limited timeframes
- Extensive knowledge of loan documentation, loan policy and regulations
- Extensive knowledge of the Loan Grading Process
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Advanced PC and spreadsheet software skills
This level of knowledge is normally acquired through completion of a Bachelor's degree and 15+ years of Credit Analysis/Credit products underwriter experience; or 20+ years of equivalent work related experience.
BOK Financial is a stable and financially strong organization that provides excellent training and development to support building the long term careers of our employees. With passion, skill and partnership you can make an impact on the success of the bank, our customers and your own career!
Apply today and take the first step towards your next career opportunity!
BOK Financial is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities for training, compensation, transfer, promotion and other aspects of employment for all qualified applicants and employees without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information or veteran status.
Attention All Third Party Agencies, Headhunters, and Recruiters
BOK Financial and its Subsidiaries will not accept candidate submission by unsolicited third parties through this site or any company email address. All unsolicited candidates presented to BOK Financial and its Subsidiaries will be considered the property of BOK Financial. BOK Financial and its Subsidiaries will not be responsible for any fees associated with unsolicited candidates, nor will a contractual relationship be formed by the submission. BOK Financial and its Subsidiaries are not obligated and will not under any circumstances pay any fees to said third parties submitting candidates in this manner. BOK Financial and its Subsidiaries only forms contracts with recruiters with whom we have an established business relationship and with whom we have in place a signed agreement. All contact with BOK Financial and its Subsidiaries from third parties must be through our Human Resources Department. Any contact made outside of the BOK Financial Human Resources Department by a third party will cancel any future business relationships between the third party and BOK Financial.