Credit Review Spec, I, II or Sr.
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/26/2016
END DATE 10/21/2016
Synovus Financial Corp.
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Original Posting date:
Credit Review Spec, I, II or Sr.
Area of Interest:
575 Corp Center - Floor Three
Minimum Education: High School Diploma or completion of GED. Associates degree is preferred.
Minimum Experience: Two (2) years experience in credit/lending environment
Required Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Solid knowledge of lending practices, processing, compliance and documentation
- Must be familiar with and knowledgeable about bank policy regarding commercial loan approval structure and acceptable forms of documentation for the approvals
- Must be familiar with and knowledgeable about regulatory policy in regards to commercial loan requests and acceptable forms of documentation for those regulatory issues
- Communicates well with various levels of the organization
- Proficient using Microsoft Office applications such as Excel, Word, PowerPoint as well as PC/Windows knowledge
- Ability to learn and apply the terminology, methods, concepts and regulations that govern credit and loan operations
- Excellent communication skills
- Attention to detail for accurate and timely completion of documents/financial entries/recording submissions
- Ability to learn and maintain knowledge of Credit/Loan standard operating policies and procedures, regulatory policies, terminology, methodology and concepts
Additional Job information:
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
Commercial loan experience and credit review experience preferred
- Experience in banking or financial services environment
- Proficient with all department specific or equivalent databases and systems
- Overtime is expected during peak volumes, month-end processing and or when needed to make service agreements
Responsible for review all commercial loan requests. The review includes a list of documents and the Loan request Form Package. The Documents and Loan Request Form must comply with Synovus Loan Policy and Synovus Procedures before commercial loan closing documentation can be produced. Works with bank team members to advance commercial loan requests, resolve problems, manage change, enhance system efficiency and instruct team members on proper procedures. Interacts with commercial bankers, commercial assistants, operations staff, and various levels of management.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Processes all incoming commercial loan requests.
Understands and accurately review a corporately approved list of documents and processes pertaining to each commercial loan request.
Clearly communicates any errors or discrepancies in requests to the commercial lending teams.
Provides accurate loan requests for preparation of commercial loan documents.
Reviews various commercial loan documents to determine accuracy prior to final loan documentation preparation.
Reviews loan approval documentation to validate proper approval obtained according to bank policy.
Problem solves; responsible for researching issues, handling complex customer/team member questions or issues, decision making related to workflow and/or procedures .
Remains up-to-date on all documentation, regulatory, and loan policy requirements in order to ensure loan quality.
Cross-trains on all area support duties.
Provides support to bank personnel, other support functions or roles.
Each team member is expected to be aware of risk within their functional area. This includes observing all policies, procedures, laws, regulations and risk limits specific to their role. Additionally, they should raise and report known or suspected violations to the appropriate Company authority in a timely fashion.
Performs other related duties as assigned.
The information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Synovus is an Equal Opportunity Employer supporting diversity in the workplace. M/F/D/V/AA
Synovus is an equal opportunity employer supporting diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.