Credit Specialist III
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/18/2016
END DATE 10/17/2016
BOK Financial Corporation
Overland Park, KS
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Req ID: 16561
Areas of Interest: Commercial Banking
BOK Financial (BOKF), Headquartered in Tulsa, Oklahoma, BOK Financial Corporation (NASDAQ: BOKF) is a top 25 U.S.-based financial services holding company with operations in ten states Oklahoma, Texas, Arkansas, Arizona, Colorado, Kansas/Missouri, New Mexico, Nebraska and Wisconsin. The company began more than 100 years ago in Tulsa and has successfully diversified into a variety of industries, businesses and geographies. .The Credit Specialist III is primarily responsible for underwriting complex financial transactions, including the financing of investment real estate, owner-occupied real estate, working capital, equipment, and LBOs/acquisitions. In addition, the Credit Specialist III may retain a primary leadership role in the department, managing/delegating departmental workflow, proactively communicating with Relationship Managers and lower level Credit Specialists, and resolving conflicts that arise when working under limited timeframes.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepares complex financial underwriting on transactions involving critical customer accounts that significantly affect profits of lending division. Typical transaction sizes range from $2 million to $20 million. Analysis is conducted independently and recommendations are made to Relationship and/or Department Managers regarding final structure and pricing. Assumes responsibility for recognizing/ documenting all policy exceptions; interacts with customers/prospects to gather key information for credit analysis, including questions relating to the preparation of financials and gaining an understanding of business models.
- Manages/delegates workflow of the entire department, including allocation of analysis, quarterly covenant compliance testing, financial statement spreading, and other miscellaneous services related to credit.
- Participates in joint calling on credit customers/prospects; assists in the development of new credit business through calling with Relationship Manager on existing or prospective customers to gather key information for proper credit analysis.
- Interacts with the loan committees to provide additional information and/or to support conclusion reached in analysis; serves as an accomplished resource regarding credit/industry analysis. Participates in committee presentations; presents loan renewals independently to management or to loan committee as a Relationship Manager substitute.
- Ensures RM s are notified of non-compliance issues; prepares summary reports which outline any borrower s non-compliance.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES:
- Demonstrated knowledge of intermediate accounting theory, including the difference between GAAP and income-tax based statements, cash and accrual accounting, consolidation and elimination principals, and the effect each type of accounting has on the underwriting process
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of credit principles, lending functions, loan analysis, and application of general credit policies
- Excellent organizational skills and meticulous work habits
- Ability to critically review work for errors and incorrect conclusions
- Ability to complete assignments quickly and efficiently with minimal direction
- Ability to proactively communicate with both colleagues and senior personnel
- Conflict management skills
- Ability to work efficiently under limited timeframes
- Extensive knowledge of loan documentation, loan policy and regulations
- Extensive knowledge of the Loan Grading Process
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Advanced PC and spreadsheet software skillsThis level of knowledge is normally acquired through completion of a Bachelor s degree and 6-8 years Credit Analysis/Credit Specialist experience or 12-14 years equivalent work related experience.
BOK Financial is a stable and financially strong organization that provides excellent training and development to support building the long term careers of our employees. With passion, skill and partnership you can make an impact on the success of the bank, our customers and your own career!
Apply today and take the first step towards your next career opportunity!
BOK Financial is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities for training, compensation, transfer, promotion and other aspects of employment for all qualified applicants and employees without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information or veteran status.
Attention All Third Party Agencies, Headhunters, and Recruiters
BOK Financial and its Subsidiaries will not accept candidate submission by unsolicited third parties through this site or any company email address. All unsolicited candidates presented to BOK Financial and its Subsidiaries will be considered the property of BOK Financial. BOK Financial and its Subsidiaries will not be responsible for any fees associated with unsolicited candidates, nor will a contractual relationship be formed by the submission. BOK Financial and its Subsidiaries are not obligated and will not under any circumstances pay any fees to said third parties submitting candidates in this manner. BOK Financial and its Subsidiaries only forms contracts with recruiters with whom we have an established business relationship and with whom we have in place a signed agreement. All contact with BOK Financial and its Subsidiaries from third parties must be through our Human Resources Department. Any contact made outside of the BOK Financial Human Resources Department by a third party will cancel any future business relationships between the third party and BOK Financial.