This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/31/2016
END DATE 10/28/2016
Cox Corporate Services, Inc.
San Antonio, TX
This position is responsible for the safe transportation of Auction employees on Auction property and to/from the Auction, local business/dealerships, etc. in compliance with Auction safety and driving rules, the Uniform Vehicle Code, applicable DOT regulations and the rules of the road; and by demonstrating courtesy and defensive driving principles. This position is responsible for leading a team of drivers to accomplish various operational tasks on the lot.
* Orient and instruct new drivers regarding their job duties and assist supervisor in assigning and directing the work of employees.
* Communicate with supervisor or manager to assure proper flow of vehicles and maintain log of stock numbers for each vehicle moved and its lot location.
* Communicate schedules and assignments to the crew members.
* Serve as lane leader on sale days.
* Coordinate move requirements with lot manager and quadrant coordinator.
* Assist supervisor in making sure that lease lanes and pre-sales are properly staged and parked.
* Manage vans and transporting drivers to locations. Ensure timely pick-up and drop-off of employees and vehicles by transporting them according to schedule to their proper work destinations.
* Shuttle employees to and from auxiliary parking lots on sale days; provide transportation to employees parking inventoried vehicles at remote sites.
* Pick-up and drop-off employees and other Auction personnel to/from the Auction, parking lots, dealerships, customer locations/businesses, and other locations.
* Perform daily maintenance and routine checks of the van and clean and service the vehicle with fuel, lubricants, and accessories.
* Visibly demonstrate safety commitment by following all safety and health procedures and modeling the behaviors related to such. Work in cooperation with Market Safety Manager in support of all safety activities aligned with Safety Excellence.
* Work with manager to review work volumes, plan and continuously monitor staffing levels to ensure efficiency, quality work product, and effective customer service; review departmental performance against key performance indicators and metrics and develop and execute strategies for improvement.
* Effectively leads the team at the location by setting an example in behavior, championing Cox/Manheim values and ensuring that all employees are treated with respect.
* Enforce all company policies and procedures related to employee and customer conduct.
* Perform other duties as assigned by management.
* May be required to work overtime as business needs dictate.
* High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
* 6 months auction or driving experience preferred.
* Valid driver s license and safe driving record required.
* Ability to drive vehicles with standard and automatic transmission.
* Must be able to pass physical examination to obtain medical card for driver's license, if driving vehicle that requires CDL license.
* Basic mechanical knowledge (i.e., changing flat tires, checking fluids, jump starting vehicles.)
* Knowledge of lot operations/lot layout required.
* Knowledge of local roadways, hotels, airports and restaurants preferred.
* Ability to sit for prolonged periods of time.
* Regularly required to stand, walk, reach, talk and hear.
* Ability to lift 1-15 pounds.
* Vision abilities required include close, distance and color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
* Work Environment:
* Constant exposure to outdoor weather conditions. Moderate noise level.
* The posting is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.
Cox Automotive Inc. is transforming the way the world buys, sells and owns cars with industry-leading digital marketing, software, financial, wholesale and e-commerce solutions for consumers, dealers, manufacturers and the overall automotive ecosystem worldwide. Committed to open choice and dedicated to strong partnerships, the Cox Automotive family includes Autotrader , Dealer.com , Dealertrack , Kelley Blue Book , Manheim , NextGear Capital , vAuto , Xtime and a host of other brands. The global company has over 30,000 team members in more than 200 locations and is partner to more than 40,000 auto dealers, as well as most major automobile manufacturers, while engaging U.S. consumer car buyers with the most recognized media brands in the industry. Cox Automotive is a subsidiary of Cox Enterprises, Inc., an Atlanta-based company with revenues of $18 billion and approximately 55,000 employees. Cox Enterprises other major operating subsidiaries include Cox Communications and Cox Media Group. For more information about Cox Automotive, visit http://www.coxautoinc.com/.
Primary Location:US-TX-San Antonio-2042 Ackerman Rd
Job Level:Individual Contributor