Crisis Response Technician - Crisis Response Center
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/9/2016
END DATE 4/19/2017
Einstein Healthcare Network
JOB DESCRIPTIONPosition Description
EINSTEIN HEALTHCARE NETWORK IS A PRIVATE, NOT FOR PROFIT ORGANIZATION WITH SEVERAL MAJOR FACILITIES AND MANY OUTPATIENT CENTERS. OUR PRIMARY MISSION IS TO PROVIDE COMPASSIONATE, HIGH QUALITY HEALTHCARE TO THE GREATER PHILADELPHIA REGION. EINSTEIN HEALTHCARE NETWORK PROMOTES WELLNESS. RESEARCH HAS SHOWN THAT SMOKING IS DANGEROUS TO THE HEALTH OF SMOKERS AND TO OTHERS. EINSTEIN CAMPUSES ARE TOBACCO AND SMOKE FREE.
Einstein's Crisis Response Center is one of five crisis units in the city, and the only one that sees children. It is a dynamic, fast paced environment which provides emergency psychiatric services to individuals in Philadelphia.
EINSTEIN IS CURRENTLY OFFERING A $2,500 SIGN ON BONUS FOR CRISIS RESPONSE TECHNICIANS WITH AT LEAST ONE YEAR OF EXPERIENCE WHO ARE HIRED INTO A FULL TIME POSITION. INTERNAL TRANSFERS ARE NOT ELIGIBLE FOR THIS BONUS
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR:
* Under the direction and supervision of a professional nurse and physician, performing triage, crisis counseling, crisis de-escalation, patient and family education, and referral to community resources, institutions and programs in both the Adult and Child Crisis Response Centers (CRC)
* Participating in registration of patients, validation of insurance coverage and in the collection and documentation of assessment information
* Assisting in monitoring patients to assure a safe and therapeutic environment
* Assisting petitioners in completing an involuntary commitment (302)
* Performing and assisting with various tasks including basic patient care, direct and indirect diagnostic and therapeutic procedures including taking vital signs and performing blood glucose checks
* The CRC is a dynamic, fast-paced environment that provides emergency psychiatric services to the following age population(s); older adult, adult, adolescent and children, in a manner that demonstrates an understanding of the functional/developmental age of the individual served
IF YOU POSSESS THE FOLLOWING QUALIFICATIONS, PLEASE APPLY IMMEDIATELY:
* High school diploma or equivalent (GED) along with at least 12 college credits and 2 years experience in Human Services field; OR, Associates Degree with major in human service field and 2 years experience in human service field; OR, Bachelor's Degree with major in human service field and 1 year of experience in human service field
* CPR certification through the American Heart Association required
* Physical Requirements: Must be able to walk long distances, sit and stand for long periods of time. Frequently lift, push, pull, and move 35-50 pounds (patients and equipment). Able to use approved physical management techniques in managing the aggressive patient. Exposure to inside environmental conditions, bloodborne pathogens and respiratory pathogens
* Visual Requirements: Visual dexterity in working with charts, equipment, and computers
* Hearing Requirements: Able to hear with a stethoscope, hear on the phone and in general conversation
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.