Critical Care Transport Nurse Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/17/2016
END DATE 10/17/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Req ID: 91405
Department: Critical Care Transport
Reports to: Regional Directors
Location: Riverside, CA
Closing Date: Until Filled
The CCT Area Manager provides leadership, training and clinical oversight to CCT staff within an assigned service area of the program. This is an integral managerial position responsible for monitoring and ensuring that all aspects care of the CCT program are centered on clients' needs, focused on patient care and inspire our caregivers to provide the highest level of service to patients requiring critical care transport. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, daily operations within a specified service area, staff development, scheduling, payroll processing and staff performance evaluations, leadership for area lead nurses and responding to critical care transport calls. In addition, Area Managers share in program-wide policy development and Administrator On Call duties. The CCT Clinical Coordinator collaborates with other members of the CCT team, as well as other departments within the organization.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Participates in the development, interpretation, training and staff compliance of program policies, protocols, and procedures.
* Evaluates and documents staff performance and provides counseling and constructive feedback in an objective manner.
* Represents Critical Care Transport within the company as a member of committees, and as a collaborative member of the management team.
* Assists in the development, implementation and evaluation of orientation, training and continuing education programs for CCT and other AMR staff.
* Responsible for the orientation, training and evaluation of lead nurses and CCT RNs.
* Is responsible for all daily operations within a core area including the provision of adequate staffing, coordination with fleet maintenance, provision of adequate supplies, monitoring of controlled substance program documentation, and payroll processing.
* Participates in continuing educational programs to maintain and develop clinical, managerial, and leadership expertise.
* Adhere to all company policies and procedures.
* Adherence to and compliance with information systems security is everyone's responsibility. It is the responsibility of every computer user to: Know and follow Information Systems security policies and procedures. Attend Information Systems security training, when offered. Report information systems security problems.
* Mentor employees, conduct performance evaluations, counsel and provide disciplinary actions to assigned personnel, and works to facilitate individual and team development that drives positive results. Champion affirmative action efforts in all aspects of employment, including but not limited to staffing, training, promotion, etc. Responsible for compliance with and enforcement of company/department policies and procedures.
Non-Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Conducts recruitment and hiring activities as needed.
* Serves as a role model in the clinical setting by displaying superior initiative, clinical expertise and in-depth understanding in high quality patient care.
* Represents Critical Care Transport and AMR externally to clients, professional organizations and at public functions.
* Maintains and promotes an atmosphere of open communication where ideas, opinions and feelings of others are valued and respected within the program and the larger organization.
* Participates in CCT forms development, and revision.
* Ensures compliance with all Safety and Risk Management programs and Codes of Safe Practice as applicable to CCT.
* Collaborates with Operations to schedule and provide in-house TB testing and Hepatitis B and influenza vaccines for all employees.
* Shares CCT Administrator on Call duties with other CCT management staff.
* Acts a primary investigator in all customer service, operational or performance issues or other occurrences requiring investigation with follow through to resolution.
* Participates in continually re-evaluating the CCT program and developing ideas for restructuring it as needed to maintain high quality, cost effective delivery of care to patients and service to customers.
* Participates in development of the fiscal budget for the CCT program and assumes responsibility for maintaining operational costs within an established core area.
* Establishes personal and professional goals and participates in self-evaluation to optimize strengths and recognize opportunities for improvement.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
Current licensure as a registered nurse in California. Current ACLS, PALS and BLS-C (or equivalent) provider status.
Three years current experience in critical care and/or emergency nursing or equivalent. Minimum two years of critical care transport experience or equivalent. Minimum of one year of supervisory/managerial experience or equivalent.
Knowledge and Skills:
Strong verbal and written communication skills.
AMR is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.