Critical Facility Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2016
END DATE 10/25/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONMcKinstry FMS LLC, a division of Brookfield Global Integrated Solutions is currently seeking a Critical Facility Engineer to join the team as a member of our growing Facilities division.
Since the late 1990s, McKinstry has built an unparalleled technical competence in data center facility management, with a track record of delivering greater than 99.99 percent uptime. Brookfield GIS is Canada s leading provider of real estate management services, including facilities management, critical environments facilities management, project delivery services, energy and sustainability solutions, building performance management, workplace advisory and management, and real estate services. Together, the two entities will be one of the largest and most trusted providers of critical environment facilities management in North America. McKinstry FMS, LLC was formed to manage McKinstry s facilities management line of business and prepare for expansion.
McKinstry is a full-service, design-build firm specializing in consulting, construction, energy and facility services. The firm's innovative, integrated delivery methodology provides clients with a single point of accountability that drives waste and redundancy out of the design/build process. With nearly 2,000 professional staff and trades people throughout the United States and operations in more than 15 states, McKinstry advocates collaborative, sustainable solutions designed to ensure occupant comfort, improve systems efficiency, reduce facility operational costs, and optimize profitability "For The Life of Your Building." For more information, visit www.mckinstry.com.
Purpose Statement Maintain critical mechanical, electrical, and control systems in a critical environment facility
This person will be responsible for:
* Maintain a positive and professional working relationship with internal and external clients.
* Respond to customer service requests in a timely manner.
* Respond to emergency calls.
Maintain Data Center Systems
* Create, confirm and review emergency, standard and maintenance operation procedures.
* Perform and participate in live and mock emergency procedures.
* Research, study, and master training curriculum for safety, critical site and equipment knowledge and processes.
* Performs maintenance to ensure the highest level of efficiency without disruption to the business.
* Perform routine maintenance tasks in accordance with McKinstry Safety Policy and Procedures.
* Inspect buildings, grounds and equipment for unsafe or malfunctioning conditions.
* Troubleshoot, evaluate and recommend system upgrades.
* Order parts and supplies for maintenance and repairs.
* Solicit proposals for outsourced work.
* Work with vendors and contractors to ensure their work meets McKinstry and Client standards.
* Accurate and timely completion of work order requests.
* Escalate issues to Critical Environment Facility Manager as needed.
Other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE, and ABILITIES
* Must demonstrate a working knowledge of mechanical, electrical, and life safety systems typically used in critical environments.
* High school diploma or equivalent or equivalent work experience required.
* 1 year experience in a Critical Environment required.
* Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite - Word, Excel, Outlook.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
* Physical ability to walk jobsites in uneven terrain.
* Provide personal transportation for meetings and job visits away from the office; reimbursed.
* Ability to work at heights and from ladders.
* Ability to regularly walk, use hands and fingers, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
* Regularly lift and/or move up to 75 pounds.
* Respond to off hour emergency calls.
Our company culture includes a robust mix of sound business practices and employee initiatives that promote personal and professional development, work/life balance, health and wellness and community involvement.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer. We believe every employee has the right to work in surroundings that are free from all forms of unlawful discrimination. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, ancestry, creed, marital status, sexual orientation, or Veteran or military status, genetic information or any other basis prohibited by local, state or federal law in the relevant jurisdiction. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including, but not limited to employment, advancement, assignment and training.
McKinstry is committed to strengthening our diversity through recruiting and retaining minority and women professionals from all backgrounds. Our commitment is consistent with our recognition that it is the outstanding people within McKinstry who have always been the source of our strength. We recognize that promoting diversity is an integral component of our continuing quest for organizational excellence.
This commitment to Equal Employment Opportunity is made equally as a social responsibility and as an economic and business necessity.
Anyone with questions or concerns regarding Equal Employment Opportunity should contact their direct supervisor or the Human Resources Department without fear of retaliation of any kind.
Key Words: HVAC, Mechanical, Electrical, Data Center, Operations, Preventative Maintenance, Infrastructure, Building Systems, Controls, Automation, Facility Technician, Building Engineer, Critical Environment, Industrial, Electrician