Critical Systems, Facilities Technician
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/3/2016
END DATE 10/30/2016
Santa Clara, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY We believe work is not a place, but rather a thing you do. Our technology revolves around this core philosophy. We are relentlessly committed to helping people work and play from anywhere, on any device. Innovation, creativity and a passion for ever-improving performance drive our company and our people forward. We empower the original mobile device: YOU!
R4867 Critical Systems, Facilities Technician (Open)
Job Posting Title:
Critical Systems, Facilities Technician
Critical Systems Facilities Technician position is responsible for the operation, monitoring, maintenance, and response to abnormal conditions in facilities systems for the critical equipment rooms, data centers and offices. This position reports to the Facilities Manager and will serve as a liaison to IT Departments to administrate change management on all mission critical environments (data centers, IDF’s, MDF’s, etc.). Responsibilities include maintaining and reporting of proper documentation, budgets and schedules to ensure that all building critical systems, equipment rooms and support infrastructure function properly at all times.
Qualifications and Requirements: Principal Responsibilities:
- Works closely with vendors, stakeholders and Facilities Project Manager to execute assigned projects
- Works with vendors or alone to diagnose, repair, maintain, install and configure numerous models of mechanical and electrical equipment and supporting devices, specializing in integrated monitoring and alarm systems
- Performs periodic inspections and tests and reports findings
- Manages assigned work to meet professional and efficient execution of time and customer satisfaction
- Interfaces with Citrix customers and subcontractors on daily operations to coordinate activities as required in an ethical and professional manner
- Keeps Citrix customers informed on the nature of service provided, outstanding issues and recommends system enhancements, upgrades, and or replacement
- Provides input to Facilities Manager on yearly budgets and schedules for mission critical infrastructure, including completed, scheduled and projected installations
- Updates and maintains electronic records of all maintenance activities in the Archibus system, including projects in the Project Management module
- Provides technical support towards facility optimization and enhancement projects.
- Develops and maintains SOPs (Standard Operation Procedures) and MOPs (Method of Operation Procedures) to streamline operations and maintenance on all mission critical infrastructures
- Works closely with the IT and other departments to resolve facility related issues
- Operates and oversees both basic routine and emergency service on a variety of state of the art critical systems, including but not limited to; medium voltage switchgear, diesel generators, automatic transfer switches, UPS, PDU, mechanical heat rejection systems, computer room air handlers, fire detection/suppression and building monitoring systems
- Utilizes and trains team members on the proper use of critical systems
- Focus on SOP and MOP operations with the ultimate goal of reliability and continuous availability (no downtime) for the critical business operations
- Develops and communicates corrective and preventative maintenance programs for all critical building systems in partnership with external vendors.
- Assists in the development of operational risk analysis and short to long term risk mitigation plans
- Assist in further enhancing change control processes to ensure that clients are apprised of any risk and potential impact to the critical operations
- Utilizes BMC work order management system to fulfil facilities maintenance work orders and customer requests from receipt until completion in a timely manner with high quality
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides weekly operations reports on key accomplishments
- Completes special projects related to facilities maintenance and management as assigned
- Will be required to take and execute tasks and duties as directed by Facilities management or Facilities designee
- Maintain knowledge on the latest state-of-the-art research activities in areas of critical systems operations (i.e. EPA, Green Grid, ASHRAE, etc.)
- Primary back-up to the Facilities Manager
Knowledge and Skills:
- Associate degree or equivalent experience
- 2-4 years of relevant electrical, HVAC and Building Automation systems experience
- Candidate must exhibit strong written and oral communication skills
- Basic Automated Logic Controls (ALC) skills
- Software proficiency, including, but not limited to Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and Visio.
- Ability to liaison tactfully with contractors; as well as corporate clients, consultants, and public officials; excellent customer-service skills
- Candidate must also demonstrate ability to read and interpret blueprints, plans, specifications and detailed layout drawings
- Must have in-depth knowledge of codes, standards and regulations pertaining to the construction, installation and maintenance. These will include the following systems; HVAC, electrical systems, and other types of critical equipment and facilities
- Ability to analyze data regarding construction/maintenance costs, energy usage, etc.
- Ability to maintain records, prepare reports and correspondence related to the work
- Experience negotiating schedules, pricing and other priorities internally and externally
- Candidate must have the ability to respond to changing priorities, work well with others, and multitask
- Ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure
- Hands-on position, requiring lifting, crawling, kneeling, and moving furniture
- Ability to climb ladders for changing of overhead fixtures
- Knowledge and ability to safely use hand and power tools, including electrical test instruments
- Ability to lift 50 pounds and push/pull 200 pounds
Citrix is a cloud company that enables mobile workstyles. We create a continuum between work and life by allowing people to work whenever, wherever, and however they choose. Flexibility and collaboration is what we’re all about. The Perks: We offer competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package. You’ll enjoy our workstyle within an incredible culture. We’ll give you all the tools you need to succeed so you can grow and develop with us.
Citrix Systems, Inc. is firmly committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and to compliance with all federal, state and local laws that prohibit employment discrimination on the basis of age, race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability, protected veteran status and other protected classifications.