Cryogenic / Maintenance Technician I
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/9/2016
END DATE 12/29/2016
Ewa Beach, HI
JOB DESCRIPTIONAirgas USA, LLC is Now Hiring
Cryogenic Service Technician I in Kapolei, HI
Are Safety, Ethics and Excellent Customer Service important to you?
Are you excited to drive success with welding, advanced fabrication, and manufacturing companies?
Are you ready to be part of a passionate and hard-working team eager to drive our business forward?
Discover an exciting Career with Airgas as a Cryogenic Service Technician I
Airgas USA, LLC, a Fortune 500, $6B organization is planning for continued growth. As the largest distributor of welding, industrial, medical and specialty gases and hard goods in the United States, Airgas has the versatility to provide the best solution at the best value, direct to our customers. Bring your competitive drive to Airgas and ability to work in a fast-paced, results oriented environment!
Cryogenic Technician will assist in the installation and repair of high pressure piping systems, cryogenic bulk tanks, mirco-bulk tanks, cryogenic dewer cylinders, vaporizers and manifold equipment at Airgas facilities and customer sites to ensure the safe, effective and efficient delivery of our products to the customers' point of use. Technician will be responsible for performing regularly scheduled preventative maintenance checks on cryogenic pressure vessels, production/plant equipment and maintain inventory of parts and supplies. Install and set alarms for automatic emergency reserve systems and install and maintain cryogenic pumps and drives. In this position the Technician will also repair and maintain liquid dewer cylinders, compressors, recharge pumps and maintain the ASU and CO2 Plants.
* Comply with all Company and industry safety policies and procedures.
* Perform cryogenic and high pressure piping systems installations, inspections, and repairs of such equipment as per NFPA standards and manufacturers recommended procedures to ensure operational safety and efficiency.
* Service, inspect, use, and maintain compressors, pumps and other shop tools/equipment in clean good working condition and accordance with manufacturers recommended procedures.
* Identify and communicate service problems to manager for timely repair response.
* Maintain inventory of parts and required to perform service, inspection and maintain of all equipment associated with the basic function of this position.
* Submit completed service orders, estimates and invoices to manager in timely manner to facilitate customer billing.
* Maintain excellent customer service.
* Demonstrate proficient skills; upgrades knowledge and skills on an on-going basis.
* Flexible work schedule.
* Must attend company safety meetings.
* Ensure proper and full time use of PPE.
* Ensure any accident or injury is reported promptly to manager.
* Must be able to operate in a drug-free workplace.
Other duties as assigned that fall within scope of job. This job description should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive standards of this position. Incumbents are expected to follow any other reasonable instructions, and perform any other related duties, as may be required by their foreman or manager. Performance of this job in a safe manner and in keeping with established Airgas policies is a condition of employment.
* Assist service tech team on bulk tank installation.
* General office/facility housekeeping
This position has no supervisory responsibility.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily
* College or technical degree preferred.
* Minimum of 1-2 years of diagnostic and/or repair experience in some or all of the following is required: cryogenics, high pressure piping, brazing, programmable controls, and process instrumentation.
* Prior experience working with bulk gas delivery systems, pumps or mechanical machinery.
* Experience in the HVAC or plumbing industry with hands on welding/brazing skills a plus.
* Able to understand piping and tank detail from manuals and a mechanical drawings.
* Knowledge of applicable standards for good manufacturing practice set forth by the CGA, NFPA, CMA and other professional/regulatory bodies.
* Must have a valid Hawaii driver's license and clean DMV report.
* Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, technical procedures or governmental regulations (MSDS).
* Must have strong math skills; ability to calculate figures and units of measure.
* Must be customer service oriented and able to interact with both internal and external customers in a professional manner.
* Skills to prioritize integrated service activities to maximize time spent working on equipment at customer locations.
* Takes initiative to problem solve and troubleshoot with results.
* Secures the necessary documentation and approvals of work performed (installations and/or removals)
* Ability to routinely lift 25-50 lbs and occasionally lift 51-80 lbs with material handling equipment.
* Ability to work safely under pressure to meet deadlines,
* Team player attitude with ability to work with a wide variety of people with different personalities and backgrounds.
* Detailed-oriented with good organizational skills.
* Must be able to work occasional overtime to meet operational deadlines.
* No relocation assistance offered.
* Pre-employment and random drug testing and background screen applies.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The USES category for this position is Medium. While performing the duties of this job the associate is regularly required to stand (up to 2 hours), kneel, squat, bend, stoop, reach, push, pull, as well as talk and hear. The associate will be required to routinely lift 25-50 lbs and occasionally lift 51-80 lbs with material handling equipment for more than 10 feet. Associate is required by this position to use hands to fingers to feel objects, work tools or controls. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and color vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this position, the associate is regularly exposed to outside weather conditions. The associate is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts. The associate will spend the majority of the time in the customer facility and on route to the customer facility. The noise level in the work environment is moderate.
What do our Team Members have to say?
Great place to work with great growth potential - Director, Atlanta
Opportunity to advance and a great safety program - Driver, Cheshire
Fun people to work with and flexible management - Sales Specialist
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, g