Cryogenic Plant Technicians - Calvert City, KY
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/8/2016
END DATE 10/8/2016
Calvert City, KY
JOB DESCRIPTIONA Super Opportunity Awaits You!
Airgas, an Air Liquide company, is the nation's leading single-source supplier of gases, welding and safety products.
Known locally nationwide, our distribution network serves more than one million customers of all sizes with a broad offering of top-quality products and unmatched expertise
We are currently seeking Cryogenic Plant Technicians for our Calvert City, KY facility.
This position has responsibility for operating an Air Separation and Hydrogen Plant, maintaining plant production, operating efficiency, regulatory compliance, and safety in the Merchant Gases Company.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
* Monitor and maintains the safe operation of an Air Separation Facility which produces cryogenic products.
* Operates and maintains a Hydrogen plant, while also filling hydrogen tube trailers and tankers.
* Monitor the safe and reliable operation of pipeline which supplies gaseous products to customers.
* Controls flow purities, pressures process using SCADA/HMI/PLC system
* Work with management to maximize production and efficiency to meet the needs of our customer base increasing flows and production rates
* Reads and interprets technical drawings and manuals.
* Perform quality assurance functions associated with products to maintain quality assurance.
* Respond to plant/production disturbances (on-call).
* Performs preventive and corrective maintenance throughout the entire plant to include compressors, pumps, turbines, valves, motors, electrical equipment, and other plant equipment.
* Troubleshoot process and system problems to restore efficient operation.
* Record plant readings and document plant maintenance.
* Prepare and maintain quality, regulatory, and production records
* Maintain high degree of safety by employing safe work habits.
* May instruct other employees as directed. Requires 100% compliance with all Airgas safety policy and procedures, and cGMP (current Good Manufacturing Practices) training and techniques to prevent lost time or serious injury to others.
* Shift: Rotating 12 hour swing shifts
* Share on-call responsibilities with other Operator Technicians to facilitate uninterrupted plant operation.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
* High school diploma or general education degree (GED), two years technical college or military technical experience and 2 plus years related experience.
* Occasionally (1-33% of work time);
* Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
COMMUNICATION and/or CRITICAL THINKING SKILLS:
* Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
* Ability to write routine business reports and business correspondence in English.
* Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from employees and/or customers.
* Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
* Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals using the English language.
* Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
* Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percentages.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability