Cryptologic Technician III 8/12/2016
Scientific Research Corporation
North Charleston, SC
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Scientific Research Corporation is an advanced information technology engineering company that provides innovative products and services to government and private industry, as well as independent institutions. At the core of our capabilities is a seasoned team of highly skilled engineers and scientists with multidisciplinary backgrounds. This team is challenged daily to provide cutting edge technology solutions to our clients.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Perform help desk distance support for the Cryptologic Carry-On program (CCOP) and SZhip's Signal Exploitation Equipment (SSEE).
* Monitors JWICS Chat, phone and email for reactive distance support and monitors Synchro and a variety of tools to provide proactive support to Navy ships and sites.
* Provides on-site technical support to U.S. Navy ships and sites, if distance support is unsuccessful.
* Interfaces with Navy Type Commanders (TYCOMS), Fleet Commanders and PMW-120; reporting serious system problems affecting fleet readiness.
* Provides training, as required, to U.S. Navy sailors.
* Develops and documents system troubleshooting processes and procedures.
* Documents technical assistance initiatives.
Scientific Research Corporation offers a competitive salary, an extensive benefits package and a work environment that encourages excellence. Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Scientific Research Corporation is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer that does not discriminate in employment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
MINIMUM SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS:
* Must have a general, working knowledge of troubleshooting and technical support in reference to SSEE or CCOP systems to include Mudcat, Stingray, CORSAIR, ACCES D4 variants, DRT, HITS, GALE-LITE and TURBULENTWAVE.
* Knowledge of the HF, VHF and UHF Radio Frequency spectrum to include working with calibration and test equipment and antenna testing and troubleshooting.
* Familiarity with WINDOWS (7, XP), UNIX and LINUX (REDHAT or CentOS) operating systems.
* Understands how to use SPAWARSYSCEN Atlantic drawing packages for system troubleshooting.
* Quality communication and writing skills.
* Must possess and maintain a TS/SCI Clearance.
DESIRED SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS:
* Fleet Electronic Support (FES) or CCOP experience.
* SECURITY+ Certification - Must obtain and maintain within 6 months of hire.
* Understanding of computer system file structures and networking.
* Able to use linux command line file editing tools for minor updates to text files via PuTTY ssh.
* Command line interface experience.
This position requires an active TS/SCI clearance.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled