Culinary Arts Faculty
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/2/2016
END DATE 12/2/2016
Newport News, VA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Provide practical hands-on instruction to create an engaging learning environment.
* Employ instructional technology and active learning approaches in order to enhance the learning experience and achieve learning outcomes.
* Evaluate student academic performance using a variety of assessments and techniques.
* Participate in scheduled University activities.
* Stay current in subject matter through professional development.
* All other duties assigned.
* Associate's degree in Culinary Arts required, Bachelor's degree in Culinary Arts preferred
* 2- 3 years of industry experience
* Teaching experience preferred
* Strong academic and professional record
* Strong active-learning skills for effective instruction
* Experience in a student-centric and hands-on learning environment
* The highest levels of integrity at all times
* Orientation toward results
* Exemplary interpersonal skills, verbal and written communication skills
What does the Culinary Institute of Virginia have to offer*
* Professional work environment
* Talented and committed co-workers
* An opportunity to make a difference while expanding your knowledge, skills and professional network
* Competitive compensation & benefits plan
CIV is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.