Culinary Innovation Chef Temporary 8/12/2016
Panda Restaurant Group, Inc
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY At Panda, we all share a common mission: "Deliver exceptional Asian dining experiences by building an organization where people are inspired to better their lives." We invest in our people because great people run great operations that will exceed our guests' expectations. Talk to any of our associates and you will experience a culture dedicated to its mission and our five fundamental values- Proactive, Respect/Win-Win, Growth, Great Operations, and Giving.
Panda Restaurant Group includes the original Panda Inn fine dining restaurants, Panda Express, our Gourmet Chinese food concept served in a fast casual environment, and Hibachi San, our Japanese grill concept. The family owned and operated company is still run by founders Andrew and Peggy Cherng.
Panda offers competitive benefits and rewarding opportunities, from entry-level positions to management. We have restaurant positions available nationwide and support center positions in Rosemead, CA. Come join the nation's largest and fastest growing Asian restaurant company.
The Culinary Innovation Chef is responsible for development, communication, and training related to recipes for Operations implementation. This position provides hands-on support to the culinary team related to product evaluation, Back of House recipe development, and Operations training on new or modified recipes. The Culinary Innovation Chef also supports Marketing media productions.
The essential functions in this job description are not all-inclusive of this jobs duties and responsibilities. Reliable and dependable attendance is required.
Develops and communicates recipes that are operationally executable and meet Pandas standards for food quality.
Implements field rollouts of new products and recipes, including preparation of videos, procedures, and special instructions. Ensures appropriation portion specifications and ease of production.
* Trains Operators on existing or new recipes or procedures. Conducts presentation on product/food preparation.
* Serves as hands-on leader of the test kitchen to achieve profitable, competitive quality products. Maintains sanitary conditions consistent with state and local sanitation requirements and sufficient supplies inventory by checking stock, anticipating needs, placing and expediting orders, and verifying receipt.
* Responsible for product evaluation, including whole-time and yield studies, as input to product costing and portion control. Develops training materials for Operators on how to correctly handle new products and recipes.
* Provides culinary support to Marketing photo shoots, commercials, and consumer research. Participates in commercial/media production.
* Develop best in class preparation procedures for all new menu items
* Creates recipes for core and LTO entrees
Bachelors degree in culinary arts or related college degree preferred
Culinary certification preferred
Minimum five years of chef experience, preferred Asian chef experience
Successful completion of annual store training