Culinary Nutrition Faculty
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/2/2016
END DATE 12/2/2016
Newport News, VA
The Faculty Member is responsible for delivering quality student-centered, hands-on (active) learning. As the leader of instruction in the classroom, this role is central to ECPI University s mission and is directly accountable for student learning and success. The Faculty Member is responsible for maintaining high levels of academic quality and student satisfaction in order to retain and successfully graduate students, while operating in compliance with University policies and procedures as well as all state, federal and accrediting agency regulations.
* Employ a variety of active learning techniques to engage students by demonstrating a student-centered approach to teaching.
* Demonstrate a mastery of subject matter by incorporating professional/life/industry experience in teaching and incorporate up-to-date subject-matter expertise that reflects current trends.
* Utilize iPads and other technology in the classroom to enhance learning.
* Keep regular office hours and meet with students; assist students by referring students to the appropriate person/resources.
* Perform administrative duties in a timely manner; attendance, midterm and final grades entered as required.
* Attend graduation and other scheduled campus events.
* Assist in developing the University's curriculum and/or contributing course materials and use the approved curriculum.
* Participate in program assessment and institutional effectiveness.
* Comply with all academic and regulatory policies including FERPA confidentiality of personal information provided by the students.
* Demonstrate continued professional development and maintain qualifications through ongoing education.
* Master s degree in Nutrition or a Master s degree with 18 graduate semester hours in the discipline from a regionally accredited educational institution.
* Undergraduate degrees in Culinary Arts or Food Service related fields preferred.
* Registered Dietitian required.
* Applied or practical work experience preferred; 2 years teaching or presentation experience a plus.
* Strong academic and professional record.
* Experience in a student-centric and hands-on learning environment.
* Strong active-learning skills for effective instruction.
* The highest levels of integrity at all times.
* Orientation toward results.
* Exemplary interpersonal skills, verbal and written communication skills.
What does CIV have to offer*
* A focus on students and academic excellence
* Small class sizes
* Professional work environment
* Talented and committed co-workers
* An adult-focused accelerated schedule
* An opportunity to make a difference while expanding your knowledge, skills and professional network
* Competitive compensation & benefits plan
ECPI University is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.