This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/6/2016
END DATE 12/12/2017
Omni Hotels & Resorts
Amelia Island, FL
JOB DESCRIPTIONLocations US-FL-Amelia Island
Posted Date 11 months ago
# of Openings
Category (Portal Searching)
Amelia Island Plantation Resort
The $85 million Re-Imagination of Omni Amelia Island Plantation Resort is complete and is beginning another chapter in our resort's storied history. Explore 3.5 miles of pristine beach, discover scenic marshlands and savor new culinary concepts at nine superb restaurants. Relax on the largest pool deck in Northeast Florida with two stunning pools, tiered lounge seating, three fire features, two hot tubs and a splash park for kids -- all featuring spectacular Atlantic Ocean views.
Omni Amelia Island Plantation associates enjoy a dynamic and exciting work environment, comprehensive training and mentoring, along with the pride that comes from working for a company with a reputation for exceptional service. We embody a culture of respect, gratitude and empowerment day in and day out. If you are a friendly, motivated person, with a passion to serve others, the Omni Amelia Island Plantation Resort may be your perfect match.
The Kitchen Supervisor will assist in the overall operation of the culinary team in the respective outlet. Partnering with F&B management, this individual is responsible for creating schedules, executing orders, and ensuring a quality experience for hotel guests.
* Controls the quality and consistency of all food served.
* Creates and adjusts work schedule according to workloads and occupancy.
* Order and receive ingredients and culinary supplies.
* Consistently conduct departmental line-ups.
* Maintains cleanliness of all food prep and production areas.
* Conducts a month end inventory of all products.
* Ensure work areas are set no less than 15 minutes prior to service.
* Ensure all food supplies necessary for service are in appropriate supply on a timely basis.
* Assist in controlling food cost.
* Assist in producing and plating plates.
* Prepare and properly store food items for advanced production.
* Report any maintenance or security problems to the appropriate department promptly.
* Ability to work outdoors for extended periods of time (at least 8 hours/shift).
* Ability to work a flexible schedule, to include: AM/PM, weekends, holidays.
* Ability to stand for extended periods of time (at least 8 hours/shift).
* Ability to ensure efficient, effective operation of the food production outlet(s).
* Ability to satisfactorily communicate (verbal and written) in English with vendors, co-workers, and management.
* Ability to read and comprehend detailed instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
* Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed written and/or oral instructions.
* Ability to write and perform daily prep list and par sheets.
* Ability to meet Omni Hotels & Resorts qualify and performance standards.
* Ability to update and maintain inventory.
* Self motivated, and ability to work with limited supervision..