This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/13/2016
END DATE 10/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAbout Us:
EMCOR Facilities Services ( EFS), an EMCOR core business, services over 1 billion square feet of space worldwide. From corporate campuses to single sites, EFS provides a range of services that support mission-critical areas of financial services, manufacturing, pharmaceutical, transportation, and government sectors.
Job Title: Custodian
Job Summary: Perform basic cleaning duties and specific custodial functions as related to the specific requirements of the client s business segment. Must work in a safe and professional manner at all times. Work site is in Alexandria, VA Shift: 2:30am - 11:30am Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Clean building floors by sweeping, mopping, scrubbing, or vacuuming them.
* Clean windows, glass partitions, and mirrors, using soapy water or other designated cleaners, sponges, and squeegees.
* Service, clean, and supply restrooms to include but not limited to cleaning toilets, urinals, sinks, fixtures, floors, trash, lockers etc.
* Spot clean walls and cubical walls
* Gather and empty trash. Take to designated dumping area.
* Notify site lead concerning the need for repairs, leaks, and lights burned out etc.
* Clean and polish designated furniture and fixtures. Perform all dusting to include pictures, wall clocks etc.
* Requisition supplies and equipment needed for cleaning duties.
* Other duties may be assigned
* High School Diploma, G.E.D. or Equivalent
* Minimum one to three years related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education, and experience.
* Must possess a valid driver's license
* Ability to read and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or regulations. Ability to write routine reports only. Communications is a must to succeed in this environment
* Ability to work independently.
* While performing the duty of this job, the employee is required to stand, walk, sit, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, taste or smell from 1/3 to 2/3 of the time. Talk and hear more than 2/3 of the time. The employee must lift 10 to 50 pounds less than 1/3 of the time and no lifting of heavier pounds. No special vision requirements for this job.
* While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to wet or humid conditions, outdoor weather conditions and extreme heat less than 1/3 of the time. The noise level can range from very quiet to loud.
We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. EOE M/F/Vet/Disabled