Custodian (Brazilian Navy)
Impact Your Future, While Impacting Your Community. Our Company. Your Career. Together We Transform Lives!
DIVISION: Contracts Operations
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
REPORTS TO: Custodial Supervisor, Leadworker, Assistant Project Manager, or Project Manager
POSITION SUMMARY: Provides preventive cleaning services for Federal Agency in accordance with departmental policies and procedures. This position is responsible and will be held accountable for behaving in accordance with divisional and organizational RISE values and expectations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Maintains cleanliness in assigned areas of the facility.
2. Performs cleaning duties such as dusting lights, furniture, and other horizontal surfaces, dry mopping hard floor surfaces, vacuuming carpets, emptying and cleaning trash containers and ashtrays, spot cleaning walls and windows, and using the high speed buffer to burnish hard floor surfaces.
3. Mixes basic cleaning solutions. *This position requires frequent lifting, carrying, pushing and/or pulling of up to 40 pounds. Prolonged walking and standing are required as well as frequent bending, reaching and stooping.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Cleans and maintains assigned equipment.
2. Notifies supervisor of equipment and facilities needing repair or replacement.