This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/10/2016
END DATE 10/8/2016
The May Institute Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY CUSTODIAN
Job ID: 2016-2295
Job Location: Brockton, Massachusetts
Type: Regular Part-Time
Category: Facilities and Maintenance
The May Center School in Brockton is looking for a Custodian (20 hrs/week) to work in a school setting performing general upkeep, maintenance and repairs.
* Maintains assigned areas in building(s); performing general cleaning and maintenance duties such as sweeping, mopping, and scrubbing in classrooms, recreational areas, hallways and bathrooms.
* Maintains standards of cleanliness, sanitation, orderliness and safety, which comply with criteria established by the Massachusetts Department of Public Health of OSHA.
* Notifies management concerning need for major or minor repairs or additions to lighting, heating and ventilating equipment.
* Secures and disposes of any chemical cleaning products in accordance with OSHA standards. Assists in checking school for safety hazards and reports any deficiency.
* To perform other related duties and tasks as assigned.
* Must be 21 years or older
* High School Diploma or equivalent required
* Ability to interact effectively with others, including children
* Ability to perform tasks which involve working on a ladder or scaffolding and climbing stairs
* Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. using appropriate lifting techniques and equipment