Custodian - 3rd Shift 8/23/2016
Trustees of Dartmouth College
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY ADVERTISEMENT TEXT
To perform a wide variety of custodial tasks, under supervision from the Custodial Squad Leader or Custodial Supervisor.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
* Ability to operate and maintain heavy industrial cleaning
equipment (vacuum cleaners, powered scrubber, buffer, carpet shampooer) and other hand operated tools. * Ability to understand and or knowledge of safe use of various chemical substances used in cleaning purposes and insect control.
* Familiarity or ability to learn different table/chair arrangements for event set ups.
* Ability to understand and follow verbal and written instructions.
* Ability to perform moderate to heavy physical labor, including lifting and carrying light to medium weight objects.
* Must successfully complete the following training prior to performing work to which the training relates: Hazard Communication, Blood Borne Pathogens.
* Commitment to diversity and to serving the needs of a diverse community.
* Six months experience related to custodial work.
* Demonstrated ability to work effectively
* Not Applicable.
Temp - Service
Temporary Full Time
DEPARTMENT CONTACT FOR COVER LETTER
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Dartmouth College is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. We prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, veteran status, marital status, or any other legally protected status. Applications by members of all underrepresented groups are encouraged.
SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLICANTS
Schedule is 12am-8:30am or 10pm-6:30am, depending on the area worked; five days a week.
Employment in this position is contingent upon consent to and successful completion of a pre-employment background check, which may include a criminal background check, reference checks, verification of work history, and verification of any required academic credentials, licenses, and/or certifications, with results acceptable to Dartmouth College. A criminal conviction will not automatically disqualify an applicant from employment. Background check information will be used in a confidential, non-discriminatory manner consistent with state and federal law.
* Cleans and performs light building maintenance.
* Sets up for events.
* Performs animal and insect control.
* Implements recycling procedures.
Performs other duties as assigned