Custodian - 1st Shift
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/24/2016
END DATE 11/8/2016
Trustees of Dartmouth College
JOB DESCRIPTIONADVERTISEMENT TEXT
Under supervision from the Custodial Squad Leader or Custodial Supervisor, performs a wide variety of tasks; cleaning and unskilled building maintenance, event set ups, and animal and insect control, which include medium to heavy lifting activities inside and outside a variety of the College s facilities. These facilities could include office space, laboratories, eating facilities, public areas, auditoriums, etc. Implements recycling procedures
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
* Ability to be dependable, reliable and to work autonomously and as a member of a team.
* Ability to operate and maintain heavy industrial cleaning equipment (vacuum cleaners, powered scrubber, buffer, carpet shampooer) and other hand operated tools.
* Ability to understand and or knowledge of safe use of various chemical substances used in cleaning purposes and insect control.
* Familiarity or ability to learn different table/chair arrangements for event set ups.
* Ability to understand and follow verbal and written instructions.
* Ability to perform moderate to heavy physical labor, including lifting and carrying light to medium weight objects.
* Must successfully complete the following training prior to performing work to which the training relates: Hazard Communication, Blood Borne Pathogens.
* Commitment to diversity and to serving the needs of a diverse community.
* Six months experience related to custodial work.
* Demonstrated the ability to work collaboratively and effectively with others.
* Some High School preferred.
Temp - Service
Temporary Full Time
DEPARTMENT CONTACT FOR COVER LETTER
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Dartmouth College is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. We prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, veteran status, marital status, or any other legally protected status. Applications by members of all underrepresented groups are encouraged.
SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLICANTS
Schedule: 2:00pm-10:30pm or 4:00pm-12:30am, five days a week. Days off to be determined.
Employment in this position is contingent upon consent to and successful completion of a pre-employment background check, which may include a criminal background check, reference checks, verification of work history, and verification of any required academic credentials, licenses, and/or certifications, with results acceptable to Dartmouth College. A criminal conviction will not automatically disqualify an applicant from employment. Background check information will be used in a confidential, non-discriminatory manner consistent with state and federal law.
* Cleans and mops all common areas, floors, stairways, public restrooms, kitchen and snack-preparation areas, laundry rooms, study rooms, and lounges; vacuums carpeted hallways and common areas; washes windows in common areas; completes damage reports for common areas.
* Implements FO&M recycling procedures; picks up, bags, and removes all trash inside building as well as loose trash around building perimeters to designated areas.
* Cleans all private bathrooms; completes common area furniture inventory form, noting all missing or damaged furniture.
* Thoroughly cleans student rooms as vacancies occur.
* Stocks all bathrooms with supplies and orders bathroom supplies and cleaning materials; checks all room smoke detectors and spring loaded door hinges for proper operation; removes snow from building entrances at least 3 feet from all entrances at start of and throughout workday. Answers students questions about ORL Operations procedures and policies and refers students to appropriate ORL offices when necessary; assumes responsibility for building trunk rooms, including cleaning rooms and arranging items, enforcing trunk room policy and, upon request, providing student access, completes damage reports for student rooms.
Performs other duties as assigned