Customer Account Representative/Oakland 8/16/2016
Universal Hospital Services
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY ARE YOU LOOKING FOR A NEW JOB THAT ALLOWS YOU TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE IN OTHERS\' LIVES AND TO WORK IN THE STABLE HEALTHCARE INDUSTRY?
The Customer Account Representative is responsible for coordinating a district s daily office functions, which includes maintaining detailed customer account records and district billing functions.
KNOWLEDGE AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
* High school diploma or equivalent.
* Basic computer skills, including Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
* Understanding of debits and credits bookkeeping.
* Willing to work flexible hours, including evenings, weekends and holidays, as well as emergency off-hours as required.
* Valid driver s license.
* Able to lift and/or push 75 pounds.
BEHAVIORAL SKILLS (How the jobholders must conduct themselves with other people.)
* Possesses quality orientation with a get it right the first time attitude.
* Complies with patient privacy laws in all matters.
* Maintains and projects confidence, enthusiasm and a professional image.
* Flexible, coachable.
* Demonstrates strong communication skills (listening, writing and speaking).
* Demonstrates team orientation and shows respect for others.
* Proactive and self motivated.
* Organized; prioritizes to meet deadlines.
* Ability to work with very little supervision.
* Operates with a proactive approach towards safety, health and quality in compliance with all company, governmental and customer policies and regulations.
* Customer-focused; willing to go above and beyond.
PRACTICAL SKILLS (Tasks that the job holder must be able to do and demonstrate.)
* Understands and uses effective conflict resolution skills in addressing accounts receivable or service concerns, e.g., identifies and resolves discrepancies and disagreements.
* Receives and handles incoming district calls.
* Maintains customer files based on Front Office Work Flow.
* Leads accounts receivable collections, calls and meetings.
* Organizes and tailors district office tasks, such as making vendor payments, organizing meetings, making travel arrangements, coordinating business meals and ordering office supplies as needed.
* Maintains daily email communication with team members regarding consistent customer focused transactions.
* Creates and maintains updated customer profile preferences to be used by all district personnel.
* Provides accurate billing and credits for rental, sales and service.
* Creates and maintains district vendor reference book, account files and Material Safety Data Sheet documents.
* Provides support for shipping and receiving activities.
* Performs other assigned duties.
* Proficient in the UHS systems and Microsoft Office programs.
* Serves as part of training team for other members in Division/Region.
* Works with multiple offices.
* Demonstrates sound and timely decision-making skills in front of customers.
* Exhibits expertise in providing customer service.
* Considered a subject matter expert with district office policies and procedures.
* Demonstrates presentation skills and comfort in a group setting.
* Demonstrates understanding of Profit and Loss statements.
The numbers tell it all. UHS has been in business since 1939; it operates through 85 districts and serves customers in all 50 states.
Our motto? Quality. Value. Service. All of us. All the time. Now, find out what that means to you. Compensation includes base wage, 401(k). Full time opportunities offer health/dental and tuition reimbursement. Excellent career pathing opportunities as well. Learn more. Apply online today!
We are proud to be an EEO/AA Employer/Vet/Disabled. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment background and drug testing.
PRIMARY JOB LOCATION:
Oakland - District site
ADDITIONAL LOCATIONS (IF APPLICABLE):
Customer Account Representative II
Universal Hospital Services