Customer Account Specialist
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/18/2016
END DATE 10/12/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONCompany Overview
Based in Columbus, Ohio, Hexion Inc. is the global leader in thermoset resins. Through a broad range of thermoset technologies and specialty products, Hexion serves and supports customers in a diverse range of applications and industries.
Hexion materials are found in products that touch nearly every facet of modern living. At Hexion, we believe that leadership begins with integrity, ethics and environmentally sound operations. When you work for Hexion, you are partnering with a company that is not only focused on delivering value but on doing it in a safe, ethical and environmentally responsible manner.
This exciting opportunity is part of Hexion Inc.
The Senior Customer Service Account Specialist position is the prime contact for order related activities and is responsible for ensuring customer loyalty by effectively managing the order process. The role will interact with multiple departments across the organization as well as serve as a Subject Matter Expert and provide coaching to Account Specialists while taking on the challenges of balancing customer and business needs.
Responsible for the order management process, which includes:
* Serve as prime contact for order related activities for Hexion
* Manage large & strategic A Accounts depending on the business need
* Build and maintain business relationships with customers through multiple communication channels
* Work with associates within his/her department and across the organization to achieve optimal customer satisfaction
* Input new order request and manage modifications and cancellations for both manual and electronic orders communications
* Coordinate with plants to support on-time order shipment and manage order issues to assure that they are clear for shipment.
* Facilitate new business approvals and set up and maintain accurate customer address, contact information, and customer specific requirements
* Ensure appropriate delegation of authority is documented and followed and perform all duties in compliance with company policies and procedures
* Facilitate actions between multiple departments to meet customer specific needs
* Inform sales representatives of current customer activity and order statuses as appropriate
* Work in partnership with the credit department and plants to ensure orders are invoiced and processed in a timely manner
* Responsible for accurate customer address and contact information as well as keep customer specific requirements file updated
* Communicate proactively with customers on requirements, order status, forecast, open complaints, etc. to ensure customer satisfaction
* Cross-train and provide backup for other customer service team associates as required
* Participate in both internal and external order management audits
* Manage customer invoice process
Responsible for Subject Matter Expert Activities, Projects, & Analytics, which include:
* Coach Account Specialists on day-to-day troubleshooting & how to resolve customer & process problems
* Act as Subject Matter Expert (SME) as well as coach & provide backup support on the following processes: consignment, export, samples, and month end management & others as assigned
* Serve as backup for other account specialists outside the normal backup schedule
* Develop and manage reports; analyze metrics
* Responsible for after-hours phones on a rotational basis depending on the business need
* Participate on functional & Six Sigma projects
* Test and validate SAP processes
* Serve as backup for accounts that require multi-language support
* Should have strong oral and written communication skills
* Ability to work effectively in a fast paced, international, multicultural environment
* Customer oriented mind set
* Ability to work well with others to accomplish common goals
* Display strong leadership skills, taking initiative and ownership of difficult customer situations; inspires top performance by example of work ethic and job performance with proven ability to successfully coach others
* Proficient in Microsoft Word & basic proficiency in Excel, such creating files, basic formulas, filtering, etc.
* 1 to 3 years experience as a Customer Account Specialist or similar positions; SAP Experience required
* Must posses strong organization skills & be very detail oriented with the ability to adapt to changing priorities
* Must be fluent in English
* Export experience
Bachelors degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
We are an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, minority status, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability or any characteristic protected by law.