Customer Care Representative
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/10/2016
END DATE 11/9/2016
BMC HealthNet Plan
JOB DESCRIPTIONOur Customer Care Representatives are the first line of support responsible for providing accurate and thorough information via telephone to current and prospective members, providers, and internal customers. After completing the initial required training, each Customer Care Representative is expected to answer caller questions regarding eligibility, Plan benefits and enrollment policies.
Each Customer Care Representative is expected to take complete responsibility for every interaction with members or providers by delivering outstanding service as a means to build loyalty, improve retention, and satisfy corporate best in service goals and objectives. S/he is responsible for developing skills that could lead to career progression based on demonstrated knowledge and abilities.
* Resolves customer inquiries and problems through effective interaction with both internal and external staff particularly in the areas of marketing enrollment provider relations Customer Care Center leadership
* Responds to a high volume of incoming calls and customer inquiries from current and prospective members providers as well as internal and external business partners and sees those calls through to completion (call length can vary widely from 5 minutes to 45 minutes or more)
* Utilizes appropriate resource materials to effectively and accurately interpret respond and resolve customer inquiries and problems; Utilizes interpreter services as needed to assist members
* Maintains knowledge of the Plan contracts and effectively interprets information related to BMCHP benefits
* Employs strong interpersonal skills in order to handle difficult calls courteously and professionally
* Documents calls in accordance with departmental policies
* Works with peers to solve problems and promotes teamwork
* Meets or exceeds department s quality and productivity goals
* Performs other duties as assigned
* Direct supervision is received daily
* High school diploma or equivalent required
* Bachelor s degree preferred
* 1 year of Customer Service experience required
* Prior Call Center experience preferred
Certification or Conditions of Employment:
* Pre-employment background check
Competencies, Skills, and Attributes:
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required
* Proven and outstanding customer service skills, and organizational skills with the ability to prioritize a high volume of adjustment requests, multi-task and prioritize work
* Ability to make reasonable and sound business decisions based on established BMCHP standards and guidelines
* Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and to effectively prioritize work.
* Ability to work effectively in a team environment
* A working knowledge of Microsoft Office products
* Bilingual in Spanish, Portuguese, Haitian Creole or other language is highly desirable
Working Conditions and Physical Effort:
* Regular and reliable attendance is an essential function of the position
* Ability to work OT during peak periods
* Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment
* No or very limited physical effort required; No or very limited exposure to physical risk