Customer Engineer (I)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/2/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONJOB TITLE : CUSTOMER ENGINEER (I)
DURATION : PERMANENT POSITION
LOCATION : WETCHESTER, NORTHERN, QUEENS, STATEN ISLAND, MANHATTAN, LONG ISLAND AND BROOKLYN.
* Exceptional at communicating with customers (by maintaining strong relationships, handling problems before they start, and making sure customers have what they need when they need it.)
* Especially skilled at working on products such as ATMs, PCs, and POS systems.
* In this entry-level role, you'll represent the Client brand, problem-solve at a basic module (FRU) level, organize & plan time effectively, and know when and who to turn to for support.
* And when push comes to shove, you'll always be ready to apply your manual skills to resolve technical problems.
* What makes this more exciting Knowing that it's all to help make life easier for people all over the world, through more than 550 million transactions every day. Our clients are restaurants, shops, banks, and airports. They come to us for software, hardware, and services. Your skills make sure we can assist them in the ways they need it the most.
YOU CAN EXPECT TO:
* Be responsible for basic installation, maintenance, and repairs on equipment within an assigned territory--all while keeping customers completely assured and satisfied. (And in compliance with agreed upon Service Level Agreements, of course.)
* Wield your manual skills and perform work on products like ATMs, POS systems, kiosks, single pocket proof encoders, and workstations.
* Assist in site preparation, including installation of cable, staging of equipment, and minor testing of equipment.
* Be a Client of all Client assets used in the delivery of customer services (that's tools, software, vehicles, documentation, and intellectual property). Which means you'll maintain stellar records and an appropriate parts inventory.
* Capture customer information so that we can complete any invoicing and stay in contact to make sure we're providing the best possible service.
PEOPLE DESCRIBE YOU AS:
* Someone who just can't help resolving problems before they start.
* We don't know how you do it. But keep it coming. Because you'll be a superstar when it comes to performing periodic preventative maintenance.
* Driven to tackle any situation thrown at you, but also confident enough to ask for help when you need it. So if you're ever feeling stuck in your role as a CE I, you'd always pull in the proper associate, team member, or territory manager who can help.
* A stickler for record-keeping. Which comes in handy when you're asked to log all customer calls and activity, plus track all expenses incurred in the delivery of services (like phone calls or driving).
* A High School diploma or equivalent (though we'd prefer an Associate's Degree).
* Up to a year of related experience (but previous experience in Client or similar equipment is always a plus).
* Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, Windows XP, and Windows 2.
* Amazing flexibility and a positive attitude. No. Matter. What. (We're talking some nights, weekends, overtime, flex shifts, and being on call to keep our customers happy.)
* Your team in mind, even when you have to work solo.
* A strong back. This position may require prolongedtravel, rotating shifts, carrying and lifting tools and parts weighting up to 50 lbs., and bending, squatting, walking, standing and/or sitting for prolonged periods of time.
Before taking this position, you'll need to complete Client specific certification based on business/district needs and assigned LOBs as determined by a manager.